or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

Quote: Originally Posted by Aubergine68 I want to explore the essential oils for cleaning... I have some sensitivity to scents so I don't often use scented products, including things like candles and incense, so I will have to tread carefully. I do have some Tea Tree, lavender, spearmint, chamomile and a blend including thyme that I used in childbirth, so I'll start with those and see what happens. I, too, am very sesitive to scents and can...
Nice to meet you all! So much great info and good spirits here! As far as the house cleaning thing, how about using essential oils? I usually do the cleaning (with vinegar, baking soda, borax, or what have you), then go over everything with an essential oil blend that feels right for the house and the day and the season. Then the house feels cleansed, not just cleaned. Of course, it doesn't happen as often as it could...... I've been so busy lately. I did do a...
Have you read the book by a Masaru Emoto (a Japanese professor) who did the experiments with water? If not, do. He 'exposed' water to words, pictures and music and then froze it and took pictures of the ice crystals that formed. In his book he says that the first time he saw the crystals that had formed after someone had said, "Love and gratitude", they were so exquisitely beautiful that his life was changed forever. We are 90% water. My family now keeps a glass...
i LOVE THIS THREAD! I haven't read through it yet, but I can tell there is som much to learn and so many wise women to meet. I do have my own ideas and experiences to share, when I have a little more time. Intuition plays a huge part in my life. I guess it hard for dh to follow-but there is method to my madness! I am sensitive to energies and esp. the changes in energies-does that make sense? Kind of like the intervals in music. Anyway, things are always...
Hi everyone! I am not in this tribe, but I was hoping some you mamas might have any ideas on how to transform my one tattoo. It is simply three rings around my upper arm. Three lines, thin black lines, about 1/4 inch apart. It sort of looks like a prison tattoo. But it isn't. It is homemade, though. Long story. Anyway, I would like to change it into something. I was thinking some kind of feather band thing, with some feathers hanging down, native american...
Thanks for a well informed thread and great questions! Here is another. My hens just love the whole fresh coconut that I bought for my kids to whack and eat. The kids lost interest in it and the chickens have been pecking at it for a few days now. I assume it is okay and maybe good to fatten them up for winter?
We live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, too. We now have 3 large hens (who lay green eggs in our yard. They have a small insulated converted (by that I mean a roost, and nest boxes, a hinged clean out and a hinged lid)doghouse turned hen house.. It has a fenced in 'porch' and they can go out to free range in our yard. They return to the house by them selves at night. I Love it! They aren't that loud, but can get to some pretty loud clucking...
My son (6.5)sounds so similar. But we are flailing, looking for our rhythm, so no advice, only open ears. But slightly OT, what does a cleaning-your-room flip chart (or a flip chart in general) look like? I think DS would benefit from some kind of 'chart/reminder', but the ones I have made up in the past just didn't seem to work.
Being a mom is by far the hardest thing I have ever done-and I have done a lot of hard things. That said, the best thing about being a mom is that my children have taught me more about myself and helped me to grow and grow up than anything else. Although being a parent was not planned for me, I can't imagine where my life would be without them! Oh, also, another good thing is that now I don't waste time-I mean when it is time to relax and be in the moment, I sure...
I think it depends on your job somewhat. When working on tall ladders with large tools, and hammers, I quit around 4-5 months. Then I worked as a cashier pretty much until the last day. I agree that I needed the time off after the birth more-both times. Congratulations!