or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

I always keep homeopathic arnica in my purse, as well as bandaids, and a wound ointment. I take a more extensive first aid kit as well as a homeopathic kit if we are going farther out or overnight. I also always keep some food, sunscreen, blankets, extra money and extra clothes in the car.
Yes. I feel so much better in my present climate than where I grew up. Lack of sunshine and clear skies can definitely cause anxiety for me. Anyway, change can be very good.
Go for it! That's what I did and it is fun, pretty easy, and will give some good results (well, not every time, but it is worth the mistakes). You may make mistakes and have to throw out some milk, but you will also get some yummy cheese and impress yourself, friends and family. Rmember that cleanliness is key! That is the main reason I don't do it anymore these days-my kitchen is hardly ever that clean.... Have fun!
The meeting went well. They have some good ideas to help ds throughout the day, and agreed to let him go outside for 10 min two additional times, if he can be attentive in class. I don't know what to think about the reward thing, but at this point, if it works, I am not going to argue. I wish all the kids could be outside more, and I am going to everything I can to get the policy changed for Grade 1, which is at a different school. But in the meantime, those extra 20...
I have heard that a homeschooler has a right to a certain amount of attendance at their district's public school-to attend gym, or teams or music, I guess. does anyone know anything about this? I am sure it varies from state to state-I am in CO, but would like to hear about anyone's experiences. Thanks!
I am wondering what the average is for most full day kindergarten (which is too long, IMO, but that's another thread). My son is in school 8-3 with one 30 min recess and 20 min for lunch. It just isn't right. Ds, I am pretty sure, has some sensory processing stuff going on and this all day in a room (or a few rooms) without many sensory-rich activities is amking him hate school, hate us for sending him, also he has been having behavior problems at school (and at...
Wow. This is exactly our story. No one I know IRL has idea what this is like. My ds is down to 3 pairs of pants, two of which have holes. I mean, he has lots of pants-some of which he picked out at a store, and now will not touch. I figured out that he likes old navy sweats-with these and a shirt with a truck, getting dressed was almost no problem (except for the underpants, socks, hat, mittens....). So it is getting harder to find truck shirts for a 6 year old and...
My ds has a pretty bad respiratory illness right now-a bad cough, etc. I would like him to lay down in some steam and just lay there for a few hours so he can get better, but he is wandering around the house moaning and saying how bad he feels and coughing until his lips turn blue. Movies will work for a short time, books too, so I guess I just have to walk him through every step of it. Just like so many other things...sigh....Sometimes I get so frustrated that...
Thanks so much for your informative and personal posts, Magella. I have always read your posts about your 'explosive' child with interest, as she sounds so much like my ds (almost 6). I would love to hear more about your responsibility charts and the other ways you organize your life. I feel this is where we need help. The days where I have 'engineered' the day's routine are by far the best days with less freak outs. However, this does not come easily to me and has...
There has got to be a better way...