or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

Well, last winter we had regular dumps of more than 24 " and a total of more than 6 feet (to the top of my fence!) and the schools did not close even once. However the roads leading to and from the town close regularly. I have to grocery shop 40 miles from here and once the road closed while I was out, leaving me and my 4 month old to sleep on the floor of the rec center with 200 other people. It is snowing hard right now and I am so thrilled! I love it! I get to...
Thanks, Majik! What great advice. I am going to take it slow and easy and enjoy things right now and let things happen without expectations (well, at least I'll give it my best shot). I have enjoyed reading and hearing some little gems of wisdom. I'll update when things are happening! Lots of love, ladies. Thanks for being here. A
Thanks, Laggie. Dh is aware of it and tends to be pretty open minded. I think going slow is a good idea. I know he probably wouldn't mind me being with a woman, so I'll start there. The best friend might be a little different... It is nice to know that it can be done, however. It is built up so much in me that a casual theoretical dicussion might seem forced. I am still just wondering what to say. I need to be careful with words with dh. Lots of love. A
Thanks, Majik. You are right. Give it time is great advice. I will talk to him and tell him how I am feeling. I have been rehearsing it in my head and still don't know how to approach the subject. I won't force it though, and maybe when the time is right, the words will be too. In the meantime, I am enjoying the feelings I am having (and enjoying bringing that home to dh). Lots of love, everyone.
Hello, everyone. I am married and bi and have recently fallen for someone (my dh's best friend, actually, who we have known for many years). My relations with dh have improved a lot because of it. I appreciate him more and am attracted to him more. We have had problems in our marriage and this is a nice change. I really have a lot of respect for him and love him (dh). After agonizing for a long time, I spoke to my crush about it in a good and non-direct way and...
Read lots of positive birth stories. There are lots out there. I found that convincing my self that birth 'can' be a pain free and beautiful experience was very freeing. Your body can do it. You can do it. Think of some visualizations of things 'opening'-like a lotus blossom, or even a door. Make an 'oh' shape and sound with your mouth. It helped me to be reminded of this when I began to make an 'ah' sound/shape. You can do it.
I just got the keys to my new gluten free dairy free bakery!!!! Unfortunately, my CPA filed all my documents in my maiden name and they will have to be changed, but it's no biggie. I open my bank account on Monday and will start baking soon. I am so scared and excited. Also, my kids are going to a babysitter tomorrow so I can go and sing with my dh's band. I used to play bass, too, before kids, but I don't have time to practice. This will be the first time I have...
I remember becoming delirious with a high fever as a child. My mom always was so worried and took me in to the ER late at night, which I don't think helped me heal very much. They usually did nothing, or sometimes prescribed uneeded antibiotics. Knowing what I know now, and watching the dramatic results with my ds, homeopathic belladonna (or sometimes aconite) would have been a good remedy for me as a child (and avoiding dairy). What a stressful night! Glad to...
My dd was having trouble putting on weight as a young baby-she also didn't have much of an appetite. It was very worrisome. I thought it was my milk supply and so I took supplements, drank tea, pumped. I supplemented a few times with goat's milk formula, which didn't sit with her very well. She didn't spit up. We did non-invasive chiro, homeopathy and were tested ofr food sensitivities by kinesiology by our trusted chiro. The wheat upset our every system-dd, me and...
Thanks for the replies, everyone. It'ls good to know that there are other people out there who 'get it'. I really question myself sometimes, YK? One day at a time....