or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

I've heard that the crystals work because they create an alkaline environment which the bacteria can't thrive in (and they create the smell). You will have more bacteria if your sweat is more acidic-which is caused by your body excreting toxins such as excess hormones (which is why I stink more when pregnant and even more when post partum/breastfeeding). The skin is one our four ways to detox (liver, skin, kidneys, and lungs). When the liver is overburdened/unbalanced...
My ds has been using a medium bummis whisperwrap since he was around 15 lbs (I don't even remember how long ago that was-he is 29 mos now and about 28 lbs). They still fit and he only uses them now for a few poops a day (Yay!), but he is and has always been a heavy wetter and the covers just don't work any more. Are they just too far gone and time for new ones (I'm ec'ing my dd, so hopefully we won't need them), or is there a way to make them waterproof again?
We cought over half of pees and poops today and yesterday. And this only the third day in earnest. Well, I say in earnest, but I am still too nervous to go totally bare bummed-I just use cloth with no cover (wool when out) and take it off to pee her. I am so ahppy to be doing this with my baby-too late for ds however, too bad. She goes in her sleep, and I just can't wake her to change it-those moment s are too precious. I guess I could just lay her on prefolds and...
Could it be his teeth? My ds was JUST like that-almost never more than 2 hours at nihght (and then ONLY if I was sleepig next to him) and almost no napping (unless I carried him in the sling and kept moving/walking). Hyland's teething tablets worked well when we needed them. Have you ruled out allergies? It will get better! I remember when a friend with a baby the same age said,"She slept almost three hours today-I was so bored and didn't know what to do!" I think I...
When my ds has temper tantrums (like the ' milk goes in the blue cup not the green cup' major meltdown-??-) and says "go away", or "don't touch me", I ask him (usually after explaining that it's okay to be sad/mad, but you cannot hite/kick/bite, etc) if he would like a kiss/hug to put in his pocket for later when he is ready. He always says yes and holds out his hand for it-even in the middle of a huge fit! Then I kiss my hand and hand it to him, and he puts it in his...
And a very busy, very intense toddler. He is still in diapers (at least when we are out and at night-at home he just wears undies or nothing). Unfortunately, I didn't learn about ec in time with him. He is totally diaper-trained and doesn't mind having a poopy bum or wet diaper.) He is far too busy and involved with what he is doing to want to be changed and usually fights it. Anyway, enter the newborn. I would love to ec her, and since she seems to have her own...
Thanks for your replies, everyone. We have really had some issues; mostly in the last several months. There could be several reasons for this: the new baby, the fact that dh left for five weeks right before dd was born, the two year molars (is that grasping at straws?). This child was definitely a high needs infant, and he is almost everything I have read about a high needs kid-except he can adjust to changes pretty well. Actually, the only time he is really off the...
I have been informed (by friends with kids who watch ds sometimes, and by dh) that my very spirited son is so much less aggressive, more willing to share and listen and just nicer and better behaved when I am not around. I know this is a normal thing (right?), but it is hard to not take it personally and think I am somewhat responsible when my child is racing around like a madman and speaking in tongues and throwing things around (we are trying to work on that) and the...
Hello mamas. I've been a lurker for some time now and should start by thanking you wise mamas out there for some good advice and good links that I have found here. My ds is 2 1/2 and dd is fresh-7 days old (however, our problems began way before her arrival, so may not be related). He is very spirited, very intelligent, tv free, no food additives, lots of child centered play and exercise and a very challenging child to me and dh (who works from home and is often around...