or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

Ds (5) has started to call names when he gets frustrated. He gets this really disrespectful (yes, and I realize that is just my perception which can be changed) voice and says, "You dumbass" or something or just "Dumb". It really gets me. I do try and just state how I do not like to be called names, but it doesn't work. He still does it and I get frustrated and lose my temper. We have such a hard time with ds and his impulse control (heh, but at 33 my impulse...
Okay, I did the dishes. I need to be ready in the morning. Sorry to hear about the puking. Those nights make me glad that I own a washing machine. Anybody have any tips to help me not fall asleep at 8:30 pm? It really screws me up to break up the nights like this. On the other hand, it is really quiet and no one is looking over my shoulder at the screen....
I am not 'still' up. i fell asleep putting my kiddos down and now I am up avoiding the dishes that are left. I don't know waht I would do if I lived somewhere where bugs were a problem. I guess have bugs! I guess I will do them and make lunches. Or not. Just one more thread to read....
Visualization is very easy for me and a great tool. I didnt' realize that it is hard for some people. When I birthed, I visualized and it helped so much. For my second birth, I had realized that I knew that the body could birth on it's own. I just had to open up and 'get out of the way'. I focused on keeping my mouth nice and round-making the 'om' sound helped. My doula would remind me by singing OM when I started to say "EE or OW". I visualized a lotus flower...
Well, the heater came on last night, which means it got down to under 60. When I woke up there was snow on all the mountains.
I wondered about this too. It seems that all the kids have such huge backpacks. So we decided on a smallish one for ds. It will fit his lunch and a few other things, but not books. I am looking to get him a bookbag-like a simple over the shoulder bag with flap (like for a laptop). That way, we can put the books on the stroller or car and he can carry his backpack. I am hoping that in kinder, he won't need to carry around a bunch of books, but that's another...
Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll just keep trying different things. I didn't think to ask our farmer for some feet. I could do that. One thing I was wondering: I was trying to find a farm to get meat from and talked to a farmer who said, "When I made the first broth, it gelled right up, so I guess we are going in the right direction (meaning she, a vet, was happy with feed and birds health in general)". I did not get to sample her birds. These birds are...
I soak raw carcass bones, backs, necks)in water and vinegar, then cook (low simmer) with veggies for hours, but it does not gel. It also has very little fat that rises. I do not skim when I make gravy, there really istn' much fat. These are pastured birds. What could it be?
Yes! Very helpful (in theory). Thanks.
Dental floss? Oh, dear. I really need a professional cleaner to come and give me lessons, I think.