or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

What do I use to clean the little corners and places around the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom? You know, all those places where a regular scrub brush doesn't fit and a rag is not enough. Can I buy little brushes or use toothbrushes or something? I also need to clean the nooks and crannies on antique wooden furniture. Soft brushes? My house feels sort-of grimy overall and I really want to deep clean it, but I am having trouble knowing how to do it and how...
My almost 15 year old keeshond/retreiver has horrible breath. It is worse than it has ever been. He is generally healthy, besides some deafness. His coat is okay and energy level okay for his age. People are amazed that he is as old as he is. I have been taking him for acupuncture a couple times a year and it seems to help overall. He probably just needs another treatment. But could I do anything else? I could get him to eat herbs, I think. Maybe parsely...
I still haven't washed it. Yes I do need a vent hood. There is some sort of fan on the ceiling (more like a bathroom fan), but it sounds like a jet engine, so we never use it. And I would love to paint, but that would take longer than cleaning and I would still have to clean-no paint would stick to this grime, I'm sure.
I am a cuticle chewer. To the point where my fingers look awful and I have actually damaged my front teeth. It is very embarassing and seems to have gotten worse since having kid#2-probably the incredible stress. I tend to focus on my thumbs and will wear bandaids sometimes which just draws attention to my hands and I don't know what to say when people ask what my injury is). My kids see me do it all the time-I just can't help it. They kind of do it too, which...
Okay, good. I'm not the only one who didn't even think of it. It would need to be washed if it was to be painted. It is pretty greasy. And mine is painted in a glossy white, so it (theoretically) could be washed. I would love to paint my kitchen.....
I hadn't ever (in 5 years) and didn't even notice it was dirty until dh pointed it out. So, since we were having a party the next night, I took the mop to it. Well, that just smeared it around. I havn't done any more since. It does need it though, but I don't even know how to go about it. Anyone?
I think part of the reason I am more laid back about our meat is that I know how fresh it is-and that it wasn't that warm... And I'll cook it alll day.... We'll see.
I am going to cook it. I'll update if we get sick!
I bought a natural, local chicken yesterday and accidently left it in my living room in the bag over night. It was pretty much thawed int he morning and I put it in the fridge. It has somewhat of a smell now (like a chicken smell, but stronger). Keep in mind, my living room has almost no sunlight and is the coldest room in the house. It was probably about 60 degrees in there last night. I don't want to give it to the animals-I want to cook in the crockpot all day...
I have also done this and it was so great! Actually I cut off my 12 yr old dreads that were past my butt-cut off to one inch! I also kept it pretty short for several years (it is past my butt again, but not dreaded). I felt very fresh and new. The very different interactions I had with strangers with dreads, then without was very interesting too. People treated me so different. I highly recommend doing this to anyone at least once in your life. Very worth it.