or Connect

Posts by littlehawksmom

How about a pumpkin or winter squash puree (I like to add a splash of apple juice to sweeten it up)?
Which one did you choose?
Playskool Pipeworks?
Thanks Lynn and natensarah. Ds definitely has sensory issues. Clothing, smells, food, etc can be a real struggle with him. He also doesn't really 'get' body language or personal space. That makes it hard for himto connect with other children. I have read alot (including the outof sync child) and have found some great things to help. He is also on a constitutional homeopathic remedy that seems to be helping as well, although it is subtle. The gluten and to a lesser...
http://fullmoonfamily.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=HESkirt
Once I wore lipstick (Burt's Bees) in honor of a fabulous snowstorm that rocked our world. But I don't 'wear' makeup. Sometimes mascara and lipstick, but rarely. I don't have time and don't really care about it. I don't really know anyone who wears makeup. Oh, except for one gal who swears she is the way she is (mainstream, makeup, etc) because her parents were hippies and forced the 'natural ways' upon her. Live and let live, I guess is where I stand, but I...
My ds is the same way. Luckily, we live where is doesn't get too hot, so it isn't an issue, but if we travel, it can be an issue. Ds will only wear sweat pants and he gets so hot he is sweating and complaining. I have forced the issue in the past, because he was overheating. Once, someone threatened to call CPS because they thought he was dressed so inappropiately at the time. My poor 85 year old grandma, who was with him at the time while we were in the grocery store...
We have this! Someone gave it to us and my dc just love it. I'll have to go and see what brand it is-I looked on ebay once before and did find a few things. I'm going now to see.... Okay, it's too dark and cold out there to find the piece that has the name on it. I used to have some papers that came with it, but I think they got wet and lost. Hopefully the little tool that comes with it to disconnect the pieces has the brand. I will post tomorrow. BTW, before...
Thanks for the replies. I think I am handling it okay mostof the time. I do treat it like I treat hitting. Surely it is just a phase. Thanks for the comments, tinymama. It seems like the things that would work with asd kids would also work with ds, whether or not he is asd. Also, I do mean that he can give me a big hug or high five, never swatting my butt. That would not be okay at all. I think I am often off base in figuring out his behavior and whether or...