or Connect

Posts by crystallynn

The best time for me to go to a moms group would be between 11:30 and 1:00. Dd still naps in the morning until about 10:30-11, then again from about 1:30-4. I find it really hard to schedule things because the only "good" time I have during the day is right at lunch time.
I actually had one more than we had planned. We had originally talked about having three, but our house kept getting smaller. It seemed that way, anyway. We decided to stop with our two girls, but it was not to be. Dd3 is now 9 months and I wouldn't trade her for anything. She has truly enriched our lives and I can't imagine what I would do without her. We're definitely done, though. lol
I don't have much information on franchises, but I just wanted to say that that seems like a really cute business. I had never heard of it before.
You said that nursing lying down hurts your back. How is your body positioned while you are nursing? Depending on your body type, you might try what I do. I lay partly on my stomach and nurse dd with the opposite breast. I am then able to put my arm above her head and be more comfortable. I know it sounds confusing, but I'm a stomach sleeper, so it was more comfortable to me. I end up where if dd is on my right side, I am actually laying on my right breast and nursing...
At my dd's Kindergarten class, each child brings in their own snack each day. It is more of a hassle to have to think about it each day, but I think it works out better because I know exactly what she is having. On the topic, I think it is horrible to withhold food from a child. I may say no dessert after dinner if such&such isn't done, but I would never take away a complete snack or meal. I think that going a long period without food at that age could have bad...
I would suggest speaking with the main teacher involved. I think that going directly to the director without speaking with the teacher may cut off all lines of communication with the teacher. If you can keep it civil and explain to her how it is making your child feel. A teacher can be very intimidating to a child and I think maybe she doesn't realize how much it is affecting your son when she does things like what he is describing. My kids have a more advanced...
I would think that youth would be a great REASON to breastfeed. Most times, you're not established yet in life and may not have the financial means that you may have at an older age. Breastmilk is free. I just don't understand that statistics that more lower income mothers use formula. I think it comes down to support programs investing in more breastfeeding education.
Dd just started Kindergarten this year and I am shocked at the notes and papers that she brings home EVERY DAY. It is so overwhelming. I'm constantly stressing that I am forgetting something that she needs or a special project they are doing. I would love emails from her teacher instead of 6 notes a day from the teacher, 2 from the PTA, 2 from art, music, and health teachers....
I think learning a wrap would give her the swaddling effect you say she likes. Wraps have a little bit more of a learning curve, but are totally worth it in the end. Also, try to practice with her when she is happy. If you wait until she is fussy and needs held, she won't be as accomodating.
Going from 2 to 3 was cake for me. My first 2 were very high-needs babies and, being the type of parent I am, I responded. I was exhausted for pretty much the first 2 years with each of them. However, dd3 has been a dream baby. She has pretty much been textbook on everything. I don't know if it is just that I have more experience and I'm more confident or just her personality.