or Connect

Posts by calgal007

This is a movie for high-school aged girls. It is not for anyone, IMO, 13 or younger. As for making fun of homeschoolers, it didn't jump out at me as an offensive, repetitive joke or anything. The protaganist is a homeschooled child who is portrayed as way ahead of the rest of her class in physics, and takes a Senior physics class. Having said that, it was hilarious and made a point about being how being mean to others can get turned around, and you end up being the...
Two words: It's HILARIOUS
I lived in NYC w/ ds when he was two. I used to get stopped on the streets of the Upper East Side (where we lived) and asked, "Why isn't he in school?" "Because he's two," I would say. That always seemed to flummox the person asking the question. I used to see nannies beat the shit, literally, out of the kids they were supposed to be caring for. One mom finally told the mother of the three children being slapped around by the nanny about the abuse and the mother said....
Here's another "for what it's worth" -- my dog is a breed that is known for being friendly. She's an intact female with two litters to her credit. She is territorial, and can be dog-aggressive. WHen off leash dogs approach her, she hackles, barks and growls. Because she's a dog that is known for being a friendly breed, people look at me like I've done something wrong. My point is, dogs are animals. They are unpredictable and a product of both breeding and...
Maybe we could put 'em in a darkened room with Monica Lewinsky's navy blue dress and see if anything romantic develops. . .
Quote: Originally Posted by USAmma Besides, they have a dog who barks incessantly. They think it's okay to keep their dog out during the daytime because no one's home. Well, um, I'm home, and so is my dd and my soon-to-be baby. I have never complained about it, just turn on the white noise machine to drown it out. Darshani Do you live in my house? I've posted on this very same subject!!! Regarding the girl in your back yard; if you do talk...
My ds is a punk; he spikes out his hair every day before going to his Catholic fifth grade class. Wants an earring; against dress code. Wears black tee shirts. Blah blah blah. When it all started back in September I gave him a history of the punk movement -- the London movement, not the American one -- and told him he needed to understand what punk was about. In spite of his rebellious soul, he still has the face of a Catholic schoolboy, which makes it all that much...
Quote: Originally Posted by jadegirl553 OMG! you're so right- it IS the poop face! With out the sound effects, of course! : I am cracking up at all your stories- but my DS is little still, so we don't have any yet. Please let us know when you do. Never let it be said that we're a highbrow, intellectual bunch at MDC. . . We're just a bunch of crunchy b'fing co-sleeping poopy-joke gigglers. . .
I'm going the "lusty month of May" route and doing hubba-hubba with DH. Randy times.
Yes, yes, yes!!! One evening dh and I went to dinner with ds, who was around ten months. It was in a fairly nice restaurant. DS grabbed the edge of the high chair tray, got "the pooping smile" on his face, grunted and unloaded a poop that cleared us out of there!! DH just threw some money on the table and I walked out with ds tucked under my arm, with fragrant fumes following. . . .