or Connect

Posts by MollyD

My twins were born at 29w5d. (now are 6) They had an extremely long NICU stay for their gestational age. They REFUSED to eat from the bottle or the breast, so the were in the NICU for 11 weeks. Anyway, DS had a moderate expressive speech delay which with the help of speech therapy was resolved just before age 5. He is still in speech therapy for articulation issues, but my full term neice is in speech therapy for the same reasons. So is his articulation related to...
Proud momma of boy/girl twins from IVF/ICSI/DE/AH, and I am sure a few other things in there. Basically DH's sperm counts were so low in numbers and quality and motility that there was no other way to get them to fertlize a egg, then to do ICSI. My two are you typical drive momma up the wall 5 year olds now. ANd if you ask me they are very intellegent and out going children.
I really don't think it belongs under SN. Not all preemies will have special needs at anytime in their life. And I know as a new preemie parent it would have scared the daylights to already be put in the situtation of having my child labled special need already. Preemie parents have concerns about their babies survival at the time, and need to relate to other parents who have been through the same thing. If need be in the future they can and should move over to the...
I was just coming to this board for the first time to post something just like that! I so regret the decision to circumcise our son. He had it done while in the NICU, and first thing he did was have a huge loose (breastmilk fed) BM and some of it got into the site. Unfortunately they were not able to clean it well enough and it caused soem scarring and a pretty tight stricutre to form (he could urinate normally but never would have retracted). When he was 6 months...
That is so sad. Molly
Quote: Originally Posted by OGirlieMama I don't think my 29-weeker twins went more than 3 hours until they were at least 8-10 months old. Poor little babies. I was thinking the same thing. Heck even now at almost 5 years old they don't go more then 5 hours between eating and drinking something. I imagine that she is doing this without the ped knowing about it. I remembering being told to not let them go more then 4 hours between feedings...
I think I finally got my mother to understand it. I told her that if you looked at my kids b-day, and compared them to all the other kids born on that day (that were at 40 weeks). The kids born at 40 weeks have had 2.5 months more of being in existance then my two have (meaning that their conception date was 2.5 months before mine). So mine have some growth, brain development, and just being in existance to catch up on, over full term kids with the same birthdate as...
I have learned on thing through all of this is that if the services are performed at an in-netowrk hospital for your insurance, then all services reguardless of whether the DR. is in-network, should be paid at the in network prices, and you are not suppose to be billed for the difference. I have had a few times where I have had to take DS or DD to the ER and while the hospital is in network the ER docs aren't. I have argued that I had no shoice about the doc performing...
DD started to wear glasses right after she turned 4. I let her pick out the frames, pointed out all the people who she knew who wore them (which is just about everyone). In the end I gave her no choice about wearing them, she simply had to, she had no choice about it. She kept them on well at preschool, so that was a big help. The only other suggestion I have heard would be to put them on him just before he wakes up from nap or in the morning. Preserverance, but...
I found this along time ago.. and really got a good laugh out of some of. Not really sure how reliable it is. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/A...077/table.html Molly