or Connect

Posts by wednesday2004

His mom is taking the easy way out and pretending nothing is happening. That's how kids keep getting molested. It's not just the molester that keeps this behavior up but the families that they can exist in. A molester wouldn't last long in a family unit that would believe the victim and send the perpetrator packing (or hopefully to prison) at the evidence of abuse. An abuser needs a family that's willing to overlook the obvious and he has it. The members of that family...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhianna813 Just tell someone where you're going. Especially after reading the advice on this thread. LOL Rhianna Lol, yep I agree
I'd quit telling them you're going to call and then call anyways. The only kid I ever knew to pretend to hump a dog was one that I babysat for when she lived with the family that was trying to adopt her. She had been taken away from being molested repeatedly. If his dad had molested both him and his brother he'll do it again. He's probably on his best behavior around his grown son now because that way he has access to his next victim, his grandson. People who molest don't...
Red Lake Nation Food Incorporated has an online store where you can buy bags up to 25 lbs. Its still kind of expensive but if you use a lot its still cheaper than the little bags. It's harvested by the Chippewa tribe in northern Minnesota.
In my area they give away school supplies free at the area food shelf. I think you may have to sign up here but not sure. If moneys that tight it may be worth giving them a call or else calling the school to see if they do something similar. One of my ds1's friends when he was little would receive a backpack full of supplies on the first day of school. If you happen to notice while in local stores a big bin in front for donations, then someone somewhere in your town is...
I wouldn't trust the testing methods completely. I'm anaphylactic to shellfish. They did a blood test and it came back negative, this was after I had my throat almost close up on me a few times from it. The allergist told me that a blood test just shows that my blood has no problems with shellfish but my airway does (there is probably a more scientific way to explain that but, in a nutshell, that's what the issue was). They say a reaction trumps a blood test. Keep that...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2mygirl Oh, I'm not telling you that your child's diet is fiiiiiiiiine. I said I'd get rid of the cereal. *I* don't feed my child cereal because it's crap. *I* don't have it in the house. *I* don't offer them crappy frozen pizza. *I* don't start my day out by asking my child over and over again what she would eat. I put food in front of my girls --who, again, are also really, really small for their age--and if they don't...
Would it help if your DH heard from a different source; doctor, nutritionist, etc. on what an appropriate food portion for a child that age is. Maybe he thinks you picking on him when you're telling him this (I don't know him but I do know some people do think that when it's from their spouse). It may help eliminate food waste from one of your concerns. If it's just him being forgetful maybe find something to print out that uses objects or numbers to show portion size;...
This probably isn't going to help you much and I have a child with food issues also. I'll tell you about my mom quick. When she was a child she had food issues and she was born shortly after the depression ended and her family was poor to start with. There were just some foods she would not eat, no way, no how. She would go literally 3 days without eating if there was no choice but those particular foods, at that point her mom would give in. I 100% believe she would of...
Quote: Originally Posted by TulsiLeaf There are many cultures that eat vegetarians and they are healthy and vibrant. So, it's all relative. Good luck! Lol, I found beef or chicken to be be more appetizing than vegetarians........sorry TulsiLeaf, I couldn't resist. I tried the vegetarian diet once for a few months but I was sooo tired that I couldn't even walk at a normal pace. My body really does need meat to function right. I have met...