or Connect

Posts by wednesday2004

Quote: Originally Posted by Tizzy Oh! Here's another. We were canoe camping deep in the interior of Algonquin, fellow campers were few and far between. On the 2nd night we heard a trumpet! Seriously, this guy went canoeing and brought his trumpet. It was kind of weird and kind of nice because we spent the rest of our trek parallel with his chosen path by coincidence and could hear his lovely music every evening. That was probably a really...
I'm in Minnesota so it's the same old, same old here, lol. I can remember at least 2 winters like this in the last ten years. It's either below zero or if it warms up then the snow starts falling in heaps. When I was a kid in the 70's and 80's I think we had this kind of snow and cold regularly. The snow and cold in other parts of the country are unusual though. Mother Nature might be trying to catch all the people trying to escape south for the winter.
I'm wondering if your mom thinks that reinforcing what you say to your son is a way to back you up. She probably thinks she's helping you, not degrading you. I think I'd cut her some slack. No one's perfect and her heart is probably in the right place. Ask her in private in a non accusing way why she does that and see what she says. If she's trying to back you up like I think, then offer some other ways she can without parroting you so she feels respected. Back in the old...
I didn't realize how common this was. Every year (or more) I get a new update on our family history. Each update strays a little further from how I recall it. I was just dealing with the latest update when I saw this thread so I'm glad it's here. I think from now on I'll just say "yeah, whatever" whenever this happens instead of arguing or getting upset.
I'm actually floored that they are still serving PB&J sandwiches in lunchrooms anymore. Anywhere...since there are so many kids allergic. I understand why the rules are in place. I'm severely allergic to seafood and can't even smell the stuff. I've had reactions from doorhandles before. I think the schools should first quit serving peanut products all together in the schools. Second: have kids wash there hands when they come to school and after they have snacks or...
I've read stories about this happening but it's never happened to me. The ones I read about said that the phone crackled a lot or that the person sounded distant.
Tell the mom and the mom of the younger ones. Seriously, if my ex was watching my little one and he made that stupid of a decision I'd sure hope someone would tell me. If your BIL gets his visitation cut because of it, oh well. If your family is mad, at least you did the right thing. In my book every person who knows a kid is in danger but does nothing because they don't want to "rock the boat" is just as guilty as the one putting the kid in danger. If your family gets...
A lot of newspapers are also online. Just type in the city your thinking of and newspaper and you should have their local paper. You can then look through their local advertisements. If there is one you become interested in the potential landlord can always email you pictures.
[QUOTE=cschick;14749934]Eh? If you don't eat spouted potatoes, does that mean you're going through the bag and throwing away the ones that have already spouted the day you purchase them? There's always a couple potatoes in any bag I purchase that have already sprouted--but as long as they don't have a green undercast or have started to get soft and wrinkly, they're no different from their unspouted friends. You just pop the sprouts off.[/QUOT Agreed We had a root...
I'm another one that doesn't need to hunt for them, they find me. I'd be afraid to go on an investigation an case one decided to follow me back. Both my kids can see ghosts/spirits sometimes too. Here's an example that happened a few days ago: I was laying down with my 3 year old( who's autistic so therefore really can't tell me much) to get him to go to sleep. He looks over me towards the upper part of the wall behind me and starts chuckling, then he says his name...