or Connect

Posts by wednesday2004

Fondest Bianca, I have a question....When I was little I was always seeing spirits and/or ghosts and they never scared me except for one thing I saw. I was around 4 or 5, just old enough to have figured out my parents thought I was making up stories or imagining things. I was in my room coloring and this humanoid troll looking thing comes walking in as solid and realistic as anyone. It had a strange walk to it, which is what reminded me of it by reading this thread. It did...
I've had our place go stinky on us a few times because of the drains. Dump about a cup of bleach down each drain and leave it a bit. If it's the drain that should take care of whatever it is. My first thought though was have the gas company check the place. My nose can smell chemicals a mile a way it seems and I'm usually the first to smell the gas but it definitely has a rotten egg smell to it. If it didn't smell in the summer when you looked at it were the windows open...
Get some ideas on how to change the subject quick or how to steer the conversation in another direction. I've avoided many religious lectures that way. Having this skill also helped me have some really good conversations with some Jahova's Witnesses that would come to the door. A few times they were there for almost 45 minutes before they realized they hadn't told me about their religion yet, lol. I just looked panicked and told them I had to be somewhere in 15 minutes...
I don't know about snowpants but when I used to work outside in the winter I found that regular nylon 'wind' pants worked just as well and were less bulky. These where the ones with a nylon wind barrier on the outside and a thin cotton material on the inside. If you want real snowpants and if you can't find woman's maybe check a farmer suppley store for men's pants. They may also have woman's sizes. It may be worth a look.
Does anyone here NOT buy into the gluten-free, dairy-free diet for autism spectrum.....Please no promoters spamming me, I've been around aspergers people literally all my life and have seen no difference whatever diet they follow. Just want to know there are others out there. I have ds2's relatives telling me all about this diet when they heard ds2 was autistic and I've already heard and read everything about it, not to mention tried it awhile on ds1(aspie), with no...
Pink is good if you can control how much pink you have. Everything in moderation, lol.............if you have enough non-pink colors to offset the pink it's not bad.
We have 2 second hand stores. One is a charity run one and the prices are the same as they were ten years ago, the other is a Salvation Army. The SA prices have gone up some in the last few years but if you watch the sales you can do really well. I'm not sure if it's the same in all towns but on Thursday the SA has 50% off all kids clothes sizes newborn through kids size 16. Something to check into if you have one in your town. I've gotten some awesome deals on those days.
I agree she needs to be educated but if she hasn't bothered on her own by now and she doesn't read books, she's not likely to read the one you send. I think I'd start by sending short, feel good articles about the positive things about asperger's. The articles that point out how many scientists and inventors and such that have been diagnosed with the syndrome are good ones and any that have a positive spin to it. I think working with the way she thinks and learn things...
I don't buy into the 2012 thing, but I do think that society as it is now will be changing a lot in the near future. The way people in first world countries live isn't sustainable and I think we're at the very peak of greed and luxury right now. How long it will stay that way I don't know but I can't see that it can last much longer. I also believe we are headed for a big depression and are putting our blinders on in order to not see that. Also just by the volume of...
I didn't read all the responses so I don't know if anyones mentioned this......get a fan. Seriously. Run it 24/7. I've lived in more rentals that I can count and at least half of them had either noisy neighbors or noisy AND crazy neighbors who I couldn't talk to. A fan saved my sanity by muffling out sound during the day (footsteps, jumping, loud stereos, loud t.v.s, fighting, etc.) and at night (all of the above plus the ahem night stuff.... squeak, squeak....). If...