or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

If I do steam my broccoli, which is not very often, I steam it until it very slightly softens... not til mushy or soft. My dh insists I save the steam water for him to drink!! I also like to saute it in oils, such as coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil. Sauteed chicken and broccoli w/ seasonings is one of my faves!! I bake with it also. Such as in a casserole, like a wild rice casserole. Or in soups... I like to make a creamy wild rice, wild mushroom, and broccoli...
Quote: Originally Posted by Turtle Woman Edited to add: As a kid my mom let us pick out treats at the health food store. I always chose a bag of Nori. I ate it straight out of the bag. I know I'm weird. My dd2 eats tuna sashimi and Nori like me! My older ds loves nori just out of the package also!! He has also been eating "real" sushi since he was 2... maguro, ebi, saki, unagi, etc. I bet a lot of kids would love these Japanese sea treats if...
Well Happy Birthday March Babies!! My babe turned one on Tuesday. We had a cake (click his name in my sig line and see) and went to the library, just me, dh, and the boys. Saturday we are going to my grandmas to have a little party w/ her, my mom, my aunt, and the kids. Taurin is walking some, still not as much as he crawls. He has been teething hard. I think his eye teeth are on their way. He is a big eater!! Often out eating his 4yo brother. Time really...
we use seaweed in many ways... my faves are: toast sheets of nori, then spread nori w/ seasoned sushi rice (I season w/ rice vinegar and mirin), sprinkle w/ gomasio(toasted sesame seeds),then a row of sliced avo, carrot matchsticks, cucumber slices, sometimes smoked salmon or cooked shrimp or baked tofu, sometimes pickled daikon, then roll up tight and cut in 4 pieces. I serve w/ tamari and wasabi for dipping, or sometimes peanut or plum sauce. I also like to...
Interesting... thanks. He definately eats way too many starches and sweets, that's a big part of his being overweight... He used to be able to maintain his weight w/ weight lifting, cardio, yoga, etc... but his injuries keep him from that. He does plan to start swimming again... but also needs some dietary changes. I have been cooking w/ coconut oil much more. Perhaps it will begin to make a difference for him. How much coconut oil were you consuming? And was...
For snacks we offer: dried fruit nuts nut butters whole grain crackers cheeses hard boiled egg sushi rolls homemade granola bars and muffins olives (limited though, since so salty) fruit berries yogurt miso carrot sticks celery sticks nori blue corn chips whole grain cereals (mostly for baby to snack on) stuffed grape leaves trail mix smoothies baked apples seasoned & baked sweet potato fries occassional popcorn homemade fruit pops I try and...
I know many of the great health benefits of unrefined coconut oil and have used it for a while now. I have also read about how eating it daily can help with weight loss. My dh is currently about 30 lbs overweight and is injured which keeps him from a lot of exercise.... he was asking me if he ate coconut oil 2 x a day if it could help him lose some of the weight.... anyone here have this experience when using coconut oil daily. I have used it in cooking, but...
I voted yes... but I am not sure if that answer fits my experiences... I had "extra marital affarirs", a couple... yet they were known about by and okay with my dh. We expiremented w/ an open marraige for about 5 years. We both slept w/ a few other people, as well as had a couple "menage trois'"... we ended up outgrowing that arrangement and have been a monagamous couple for about 5.5 years now.
I just need to vent. We recently moved into an apartment because we are remodeling our house. Our house is completely gutted, we are lacking funds to continue the project... won't have the $$$ to get it going again for a couple months... anyways, we rented an apartment about 9 miles from where our house is. The apartment is above a commercial business. There is another apartment on each side of us. One is vacant. The other is occupied by some really annoying...
They are called "floaters". In Chinese Medicine this occurance is related to a liver imbalance, often catagorized as blood deficiency. Other common co-existing symptoms may be dizziness upon standing, fatigue, menstrual difficulties, migraines, and difficulty concentrating. Acupuncture or Shiatsu can help. Eating more iron-rich foods can also be a big help: dark leafy greens, broccoli, spirulina, blackstrap molasses, beets, red meat, eggs, prunes, raisins, and cooking...