or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

*coconut milk *almond or cashew butter *tahini *sunflower seed butter *hemp seeds *oils: flax, hemp, olive, coconut, sesame *egg yolk *whole milk yogurt *kefir *avocado Whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, and quinoa would be good foods for her to eat as well. Especially if mixed with some of the healthy fats and protiens from above. Some babies are lower-weight thin babies and are just as healthy as pudgy babies. My older ds has always been very thin. He...
It depends on the time of year. From April to October my dh runs a very time consuming business. He leaves for work around 6AM and often isn't home until 7PM, sometimes 8. During this time, I do most the household chores: cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. He hires someone to mow the lawn for us. We do financial stuff together. He will take out the trash and occassional dishes. During the winter months he is around a lot more and we take turns cooking meals and taking...
Me and my dh have tried seperation. Mostly because I put my foot down and refused to live with certain unhealthy and intolerable behaviors from my dh... Through being seperated from me and the kids he saw how much it meant to him to have us in his life, and how his actions were driving us away. It motivated him to get counseling and make some lifestyle changes. These changes have made him a much happier person, a much more healthy person... which in turn has made him a...
My now 4 year old ds, was out of dipes by 24 months. We were living in Costa Rica at the time, and because of the warm weather he was often naked. He also took interest in when dh used the bathroom... ds would follow him and watch. I never pushed any "training" on him. He just started asking to use the toilet and communicating when he had to go.
We really don't spend much. One of the bigger purchases we bought for our older ds was a Leap Pad and several books/cartridges that go along w/ it. They get gifts on Christmas and Birthdays from relatives. We buy books and markers/crayons/paper every couple months, used videos here and there. Ds1 did get a Thomas the tank Engine train set/tracks for Christmas last year from my mom, and we bought him several extra engines off ebay. Other toys, like Tonka trucks,...
I give my almost 12mo both whole milk (cow and goat) and rice milk. I avoid soy w/ him. Her still nurses a few x a day though. I prolonged introducing dairy to my older ds (now 4 yo), and I used a lot of soy products w/ him (soy milk, soy yogurt, etc)... I thought I would be helping him avoid allergies. Actually he ended up w/ a soy intolerance and other food reactions... So now, I do give my youngest dairy (organic, whole milk and yogurt) about once a day, and rice...
I can relate! My 11.5 mo recently went through a major ordeal where he would wake every hour screaming really loudly. He wouldn't want to nurse, or be rocked, or really want anything. He was teething and taking it very hard!! Anyways, we were all really sleep deprived!! I could feel myself getting resentful, even though I felt bad for him and his being in pain. He is sleeping better now, but we are transitioning into a new sleeping arrangement. Dh and I in our bed...
All last year, my now 4 yo, insisted he was NOT a boy, he was a girl... and if asked how old he was he would say 8. He also would say that he was changing his name from Talin to Travis (his dad's name). He also said his birthday was in June (it's actually in the winter). He came up with all kinds of things like this. I never fought him on any of it. It seems to have stopped. I think it has something to do with gaining some independance, being creative, and taking some power
I love them. They fit my tall and skinny ds just perfect!! And since they are so well-made and will last longer than other undies, my younger ds will be able to wear them when he is out of dipes. I agree, they seem pricey. I couldn't fford them at this time, since we are super low on $$$ and on a very tight budget (I bought 6 pairs when I had some extra cash)... but if you can afford it, they are worth it. Especially if they will be handed down to a younger child.
My older ds began walking independantly at 13 months. My younger ds is 11.5 months and has just started to take a few steps. I was 9 months. My dh was 10 months. My friends baby just walked at 14 months. Our other friends ds walked at 8.5 months. My cousins little girls didn't walk until 17 months. They do it when they are ready. Be patient. She'll walk and then you will be chasing her and reminising about when she was only crawling...