or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

My older ds (now 4 yo) stopped napping at about 26 months. He started fighting naps at about 20 months, but I could get him to finally relax and nap... until 26 months. At that point he wouldn't relax, he'd jump out of bed (even w/ my laying with him)... he also self-weaned around this time. We never really replaced nap time w/ anything. Sometimes an ocassional video in the afternoon. But he has so much energy and doesn't like "down time" during the day that much....
Hey mama, Those hormones in pg can be so darn hard to take at times! I think a king bed is a great investment if you plan to continue cosleeping w/ all your kids and dh!! Good ideas for freeing up some extra $$$. Go for it. I would also suggest more date nights or alone adult time w/ your dh. Sounds like you need that connection. Tell him how you feel. We cannot expect anyone to "get us" or know how we think or feel, without sharing that with them. Most people are...
My older ds, now 4 yo, stopped napping around 2 yo. My younger ds, almost 12mo, takes two 1 hour naps each day. I lay down w/ him on the futon in his and his brothers room, nurse him and lay by him until he falls asleep (takes abt 5-10 minutes). Sometimes if we are driving somewhere he will fall asleep in his carseat. He definately is a better napper than my older ds.
Thanks for your stories and ideas. Last night I did end up sleeping w/ the boys. My younger ds is teething and kept waking, fussy. So at about midnight I left my bed and cuddled up next to him. It didn't help him sleep any better, but at least he had my shoulder to cry on I think this change will take a couple months to completely transition into, but I think that as long as everyone feels safe, comfortable, and cozy then it should be okay.
Quote: Originally Posted by chersolly What do all of your March babies eat on an average day? breakfast is usually a cup of maple syrup-sweetened yogurt or some oatmeal... a few variations may be toast w/ almond butter, french toast, or buckwheat pancakes, along w/ a sippy cup of rice milk or diluted juice lunch is often left overs or perhaps some rice and vegis, a mashed yam, pasta w/ cheese, an egg and rice, etc dinner is usually...
I was wondering if anyone here has tried something like we are trying. And if so, how it went, and any advise you have? I coslept w/ my older ds, in same bed, until he was 2.5 (actually closer to 3). Then he got his own bed, in our room. Many nights he would crawl back into our bed, but by 3.5 he was happy in his own bed and sleeping all night in it w/out getting out. My dh "moved out" of the family bed when ds1 was about 9 months old. Dh is a light sleeper and...
My 11.5 mo ds has recently taken to pinching me while he falls asleep. He will grab on to any part of me that he can find some bare skin, and roll and pinch my flesh or skin between his thumb and pointer finger. Usually it is painless, but sometimes it gets really annoying. I have also tried giving him a stuffed animal or blanket, and he will get really mad... cry and fuss. No advise, just empathy
I just want to chime in and say that I can really empathize. My older ds was a really often-fussy, high-needs baby. He would cry on outings and I would feel self-conscious and bad for "upsetting" others enviroment... he also would cry if he was put in a stroller, he hated slings, he would scream when bathed, waked every 1-2 hours until 13 months old, screamed in his carseat until he was a year old, was afraid of fans, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners, blow driers, etc....
I'm here. Taurin isn't walking yet... close though. He talks a bit: mama, dada, baba. He waves and plays peek-a-boo. 4 teeth all the way in, 4 half way in. He has become super clingy, and has developed some pretty intense stranger anxiety. Lack of sleep at night is a big issue in our house right now. Taurin is up every 2 hours... he was sleeping all night for a week, but now is back to frequent wakings. He still nurses, about 3 x a day. And has a HUGE...
Although both myself and my dh strongly believe in AP, and we do raise our children in an AP manner, I would be lying if I said that it hasn't had some effects on our relationship. *definately less sex, but I think that would be the case in most homes w/ infants and small children, regardless if they parent AP or not. *my dh is a light sleeper. when our older ds was born we all coslept in the same bed for about 5 months... but dh was suffering w/ lack of sleep. It...