or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

I am so sorry that you are going thru this tough time! I have had my fair share w/ my dh as well! Perhaps he has a girlfriend, and perhaps he doesn't... what matters is that he is being dishonest. The drug issue may be bigger than you realize. It sounds like he is trying to dodge reality and responsibility. Regardless, you need to go for the life you believe in and want. You deserve a good life for you and your kids. Yes, having 4 young kids is a lot of work, but he...
another clarification: when I said "sleeping thru the nite" I mostly meant going all night w/out waking w/ crying or needing to nurse... waking and getting self back to sleep seems different. My 4 year old often wakes and either comes to our bed or sits up and then lays back down, but he doesn't wake crying or really needing any special attention... Anyways, last night ds2 slept from 9PM until 3AM, wanted to nurse, then slept again until 7:30AM... It's a really...
I can relate to a few points you mentioned in your op... My ds and I met when I was 18, we traveled a lot, lived really carefree, had a lot of fun... we got married when I was 22, moved to New Orleans, had a pretty party-filled life for a while, until we got sick of it... moved back to MN, I entered school for Chinese Medicine, and suddelnly dh started asking "when can we have a baby" (very out of character for him). I didn't want a baby at that time, but lo and behold...
Well, I guess when I said "through the night" I did actually mean sleeping from when they were layed down for bed until morning time. My older ds started sleeping all night like that at about 13 months. Which to me at that time was so relieving, because he had been an up every 1-2 hours (wanting to nurse) kind of baby, with very short naps... He is 4 now and goes to sleep in his own bed (after 3 years of cosleeping, 1 year of sleeping in his own bed in our room)......
I think my older one started sleeping all night (while cosleeping) w/out waking when he was aound 12 or 13 months... How about yours? My younger son, cosleeps w/me, and has never been a great night sleeper... recently he is waking every hour. He is teething and wakes screaming, very inconsolable, doesn't want to nurse... just scream. I have tried every safe herbal and homeopathic remedy... even Motrin for the teething. Needless to say we are all very very tired...
I don't think it you are necessarrily toxic. It sounds like you are depleted. I am a practioner of Chinese Medicine, and from a TCM perspective it sounds like you are "blood and qi deficient"... quite a common thing for women with subsequent multiple pregnancies. My suggestions would be: *begin seeing an acupuncturist or shiatsu practioner *start eating more dark leafy greens and iron-rich foods (buckwheat, molasses, prunes, beets, red meat, etc) *start taking some...
I don't follow a South Beach Diet regimen, but I have eaten low glycemic/low starch/carb for years now... It is what works best for me. I do eat some grains and yams, usually whole grains, but very infrequently.. I do eat meat, but in great moderation. I like to keep my protien sources varied. There are so many great protien sources other than meat, fish, and seafood: *tempeh *tofu *seitan *beans/legumes *nuts *nutbutters *seeds *cheese *yogurt and...
I'm a shiatsu practioner... Shiatsu follows the same guidelines and theories of acupuncture, only instead of needles, we use pressure w/ our thumbs on the acupuncture points. They are both wonderful treatments for arthritis of all kinds! I have had many clients w/ arthritis, and most all found great relief. Shiatsu is not the same exactly as acupressure. Although we do apply pressure to the points, we also incorporate kneading, rubbing, soothing, stretching, and...
It's been a while since I made them and I do not know the exact ingredient measurements, but they always came out yummie! I would sautee some mushrooms, garlic, onions, and celery until soft... mash together above ingredients w/ some firm, drained tofu, beaten egg, shredded carrot, almond meal (or use bread crumbs), sea salt and any other seasonings you like (garlic, red pepper flakes, rosemary, etc), and a touch of olive oil make into patties and either pan...
We had a yummie Japanese feast: *miso soup *sauteed kale w/ sesame oil and gomasio *sushi rolls: some w/ crab (real crab!), some w/ smoked salmon, avocado, cucumber, a few w/ pickled daikon *soba noodles w/ hijiki, diced tempeh, shredded carrot, mirin, sesame oil, and tamari *pickled ginger *green tea Tomorrow I am making Pad Thai w/ chicken and vegis I also have baked egg rolls and chana masala the dinner menu for this week... Can ya tell I've been in the...