or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

My dh and I love to travel... both of us traveled the US and Mexico, and lived in many states before we met... then traveled a lot together before the kids were born. We brought our older son to Costa Rica for 6 months when he was 2. It was great. We did a lot of traveling there and in Nicaragua and Panama. Actually, it was pretty easy w/him along... a bit more "stuff" though w/ diapers, toys, etc... He was awesome on planes, buses, taxis, hiking, etc...truly open...
I actually met my dh while living at a commune/intentional community. I lived there for about 4 years, he for about 3.... I also had the oppurtunity to visit a few other small intentional communities and co-ops... Since then we have done quite a bit of traveling, which we love to do... bought a home, sold it, bought another home... lived in various states and cities... lived for a bit in Costa Rica.... worked various jobs... I went to school for Chinese Medicine......
I haven't eaten sereal in years. I eat a severly low-starch/low-sugar diet... but I used to love those Peace Cereals, like Maple Crunch, and Ginger Crunch. they are soooo good! My older ds has never liked cold cereal. He likes french toast, buckwheat waffles, or oatmeal w/ fruit... and bacon when I agree to make it. I do buy organic Oatio's and Honey Rice Puffins for an occassional snack or to take on outings for my 10.5 mo ds. My dh goes on cereal flings... He...
You've had a lot of great ideas already! I agree, start replacing non-organic foods w/ organic... especially dairy, eggs, meat... not only are these animal products raised organically (free of pesticides) they will be raised w/out hormones or antibiotics, which means you will be avoiding hormones and antibiotics: a very good thing!! Try buying alternative grains. Such as quinoa pasta instead of semolina wheat. Or try some sprouted grain bread, like Ezekial breads....
From an enviromentalist stance I do believe that eating as many local, seasonal foods as possible is definately best. I love the summers here. I can shop the farmers markets and orchards. Winters are definately sparce for fresh produce and herbs. Yet, I try and buy locally raised organic meats, eggs, and cheeses... buy breads from local bakers, etc As far as eating strictly regionally, it's tough. There are so many delicious, nutritious foods from all around the...
Thanks mamabeakley... Today I am feeling a bit better. I just am feeling misplaced from my life... and a bit unsure about my future. But hey, what can I really do?? I know all that I can really do is take it a day at a time, deal w/ what is in front of me, and be in my moment... Yesterday was visiting day at dh's treatment center. It's always a bit hard on me...and him. Well, he has been sober since just before Christmas. He says he is happy being sober. He...
Wow, there are a lot of gorgeous guys here!! My dh is so terrible at getting photos taken... he never fully smiles, usually smirks, or makes some kooky face... most photos I have I had to sneak... But I have a few that are worthwhile: http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid4286756
As much as you may think it would do some good, getting involved would probably bring you more heartache than you need... It's complicated and frustrating, but you cannot fix this. IMO, family is those that support you, those that are there for you... wether they are blood relatives or not. Your dp's father made his choices, and is still making those choices. What good will it do to try and get him involved in something he just doesn't seem to want?
hi ladies... I'm another member of the children of alcoholic parents... my dad is an alcoholic/drug abuser. he was never physically or verbally abusive. just very very emotionally absent and very undependable. he and my mom split up when I was 14. That was after she had had it with him driving drunk with me... he lives in Mexico now. I haven't seen him for a couple years. We talk about once a month. My parents got together in their teens. My mom was 18 when...
our stock of goodies fridge: -lots of in-season fresh fruits and vegis *note, I always am sure to keep plenty of greens!! kale, chard, spinach, broccoli, etc -fresh herbs: cilantro, parsley, oregano,basil, etc -half and half (for my coffee) -rice milk -organic eggs -organic cheeses: blue crumbles, aged parmesan, sharp chedder, cream cheese -organic sliced turkey -org. bacon -butter -whole wheat tortillas -salsa -plenty of tasty condiments -sunflower...