or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

I'd think the black bean/garlic sauce would be best in a stirfry The peanut sauces are good for dipping spring rolls, vegi sushi rolls, or tossing w/ thai noodles and vegis
Hi mamas... I am taking things slowly. Taking it day to day. Many days I find myself feeling melancholy... I am pretty uncomfortable. Staying w/ my mom, we have a strained relationship at best... we are pretty broke, dh is in treatment, and I struggle w/ loneliness and the challenges of parenting alone. Actually most days I think I am doing pretty good. Keeping a posative outlook, living in the moment, feeling grateful, and trying my best to not fear the future...
Yum! I'm going to have to try the tzatziki recipe!! Tonight I made avery yummie and satisfying dinner. Everyone was pleased. cut up chicken breasts into chunks saute in olive oil w/ chopped garlic add thinly sliced red and yellow pepper and spinach leaves saute a couple more minutes add artichoke hearts (cut into 1/3rds), sun-dried tomatoes, and some rosemary saute another minute add balsamic vineger, a touch of olive oil, and red pepper flakes salt to...
I've been trying to stay sugar-free, or at least very low sugar, for about 7 years now. It all started when I began having some extreme yeast issues (food sensativities, chemical reactions, numerous health issues, etc). I first went on the yeast-free diet, which is very low carb/low sugar. I lost unwanted weight, got energy back, and felt better than ever... all my mysterious symptoms went away... So after some modifications and research, I have remained on a very low...
Sushi rolls... pretty easy to make... First cook some sushi rice. Let it cool a bit, then stir in a bit of rice vinegar and a bit of mirin. Let cool for a couple hours. (FYI, sushi rice is pretty sticky!) Once the rice has cooled, place a sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi roller (you can make these w/out a sushi roller... just roll them up as tight as you can), w/ a cooking brush, lightly brush a bit of water on edges of nori. Spread sushi rice over nori, leaving a...
Coconut milk is an excellent immune booster. I often make or go to a local Thai resteraunt and get a coconut milk soup if I feel under the weather. I like to use coconut milk in curry sauces: simmer in vegis, garbanzos, chicken if you eat it, shrimp or scallops are good, use a little agar-agar to thicken, add curry powder and sea salt... serve over rice and top w/ cilantro and cashews: YUM For a soup I simmer the coconut milk, add a bit of ginger root, sometimes a...
I usually don't do meal planning. But I am this week because my older ds has been refusing to eat the dinners I cok. He told me I always make yucky food. So I asked him what he would like me to cook. He said tacos... so we got stuff for tacos. Then he said sushi (he really does love sushi), then he said pizza (so I compromised and bought a frozen organic pizza)...then I offered ideas and he hated a lot of them... and so while at the store we talked and I asked him what...
Well I just went grocery shopping today and bought groceries to make the following meals over the next week: chicken tacos: chicken breast, taco seasoning, lettuce, onions, cilantro, black beans, tomatoes, sour cream, corn hard taco shells sushi rolls: nori, sushi rice, smoked salmon, cucumbers, rice wine vinegar, pickeled ginger, avocadoes spinach salad: spinach, hard boiled eggs, blue cheese crumbles, carrots, toasted almonds, dressing soba noodle salad: soba...
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzannah Just about to post... I am feeling a little disheartened; I just threw up twice (which is what brought me to the doc in the first place, nausea/dizziness once a week for a month and a half). I had peanut noodles for lunch (buckwheat soba, org. p'nut butter, lite soy, touch of canola, peanuts), and about 20 minutes after I was done I started feeling like crap. So now I cannot have p'nuts, or pnut butter?!! I...
Well, I am terrible at actual recipes (keeping measurements), but I do make a very yummie vegi lasagna once a year for my vegetarian mothers Bday... I use whole wheat noodles, but go ahead and use whatever you want... I actually use jarred sauce and jazz it up w/ a bunch of fresh crushed garlic, rosemary, and fresh oregano. Cover the bottom of lasagna pan w/ sauce. Then a layer of al-dente noodles. Then comes a ricotta mixture, made of ricotta cheese (full...