or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

well, it happened again. He woke up from a nap, about an hour later I start to feed him dinner (mashed yam flesh), he's eating, seems fine, then kinda gags a bit, then throws up a whole bunch. Half hour later he seems fine, a bit crabby though. I have some probiotic powder. I will start giving him some. I'd rather not give him so much yogurt, but he refuses to eat anything else/ or throws up. I'll pick up some ear oil. I used to have some garlic/mullein ear oil...
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzannah Thanks!! A couple questions: Eggs aren't off limits? Wheat noodles aren't off limits? Is certain fruit off limits? And nuts? He said not too much tofu becasue it is pretty "wet". The basic diagnosis was a stagnant liver; he is trying to give it a kick start with diet and some herbs ("Living Decoction" by Mayway). I am really dedicated to feeling better and I don't want to screw it up!!! Thanks for your...
Thanks. It's difficult, as we do not have health insurance and are really really struggeling financially right now... I am staying w/ my mom, and my dh is in treatment and will be there for at least 2 more months... The baby still has no fever, still has diarreah (abt 2x a day), he's nursing, and seems to only want to eat yogurt and rice milk. I am going to try giving him a yam for supper. He's generally happy, yet his eyes seem a bit sleepy still, and he took 2 long...
Hi, I am also a practioner of Chinese Medicine. First off, congrats to you for taking the oppurtunity to improve your health. I am sure that in the next month you will begin to feel worlds better! Some ideas for meals: Breakfast: *2 organic eggs cooked in olive oil w/ 1 piece whole grain bread, organic butter or ghee, a cup of miso soup *a bowl of oatmeal topped w/ a touch of maple syrup, some chopped nuts, and fruit *7 grain hot cereal w/ a pat of organic...
ya know, he was pulling at his ear yesterday and being fussy while doing it. I thought perhaps w/ the teething there was some extra pressure in his ear. His nose is runny as well, which he always has gotten when cutting a tooth... dziejen, what do you do for ear infections? My older ds never had one. Thanks for your well wishes. I am so glad I didn't catch it. I did take Yin Chiao and some homeopathic flu prevention when my younger ds showed signs of sickness... and I...
Okay, on this past Wed. I woke up to my 10 mo ds coughing then throwing up. No fever though, and w/in a short time he seemed generally fine, happy, playful, etc... then a few hours later threw up again, then a very very full diaper (sorry), then was a bit feverish and very tired... I figured he had caught a stomach bug. Sure thing, next day my older ds (4yo) wakes me up saying he has a belly ache, then all day he is vomiting, sleepy, and complaining of belly aches....
buttercup, thanks for the info you shared. at this time my dh is not doing methadone. he has opted for going into an extended stay in treatment and also going to a pain clinic. I am not judging anyone choosing methadone, but I would like to see my dh be able to find peace and sobriety bw/out any addictive substances... especially since if he did methadone he would have to pay $13/day, drive 30 minutes each way to get it, and we also are planning to move out of the...
I eat very very little grain. I first started eating like this when about 7 years ago I began having severe symptoms of candida overgrowth... at that time the only thing that changed how I felt was going completely sugar, dairy, and grain free. I stayed on that diet for just over a year and felt awesome... over the years I went back to eating more grains and sugar, then would find that I felt more sluggish, I'd get bloated and constipated more often, and I would put on...
well... since my last post, dh has been given funding for a pain clinic. They want him to try this approach before methadone. I am glad, because last night I attended a support group for loved ones of people in treatment, and a few people shared their experiences and observations of loved ones on methadone... ultimately I hope he can be chemical free... at least free of very addictive chemicals. He has also recieved funding for 30 more days in treatment. He is a bit...
My food stock really changes w/ the seasons... and our budget Most everything we buy is organic... Right now in the cupboards there's: oats honey brown rice rye crackers a can of smoked oysters a few cans of tomato sauce a few cans of stewed tomatoes a can of diced tomatoes a can of black beans a bag of lentils a bag of chick peas olive oil coffee quinoa pasta shells rice noodles whole wheat spaghetti a can of vegi and barley soup a bag of corn...