or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

I'd say the area we own our home in is pretty high priced... we bought a home that is 140 yrs old, 2600sq ft, and in need of many major repairs (needed a new roof, new electrical, new windows, new furnace, major "facelifting" to kitchen, bathrooms, walls, floors, etc) on a very private double lot in a pretty quiet part of town, 20-30 min from the major cities... for $200,000... If this home was in great shape at the time we bought it, it would have sold for at least...
Quote: Originally Posted by atomicmama My info is second hand. However, it comes from my cousin who is an RN. She said not to have it done if you are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. Since your eyesight can change during pregnancy. Apparently, it cannot be done more than once! Unless that has changed. I don't know. Now, if I only had the money to do it! Good luck! -Wendy The same is true if you are nursing. I went for a...
My older ds definately has some kind of allergy or sensativity. I remember when he was about 10 months he broke out in hives after eating green peas. Then on and off over the years (he is 4 now) he will get this rash (sorta-like eczema) between his mouth and cheek. He is also very moody and "hyper". We eat pretty much all organic, low sugar, some meat, very moderate dairy, rarely any soy... I notice that the "rash" gets inflamed after he eats citrus, anything w/ lemon...
wow, people sure get fiesty when it comes to food regarding the soy issue: my personal opinion is that some soy is okay. I do not think processed soy is good (fake meats, most soymilks, soy oils, etc)... occassional fermented soy or edamame should be fine for people who are not sensative or allergic to soy. I was raised a vegetarian and later found after years of light headedness, fatigue, lack of motivation, etc that I do much much better eating a diet of whole...
I work (very part time now) in the field of Oriental Medicine (shiatsu, Chinese herbs, magnets, moxabustion, cupping, Sooji Korean hand therapy, chakra balancing, Chinese dietary therapies, etc)... Did you like it? Yes, I do like it, a lot! And how did you come about picking that career I was raised being exposed to a lot of alternative therapies. My mom had a health food store. My uncle is a yoga instructer. My aunt is a masseuse. Another aunt is an...
I think you can eat a vegetarian diet and not go too carb crazy. Plenty of soy protiens: tempeh, tofu, edamame, soy milk, etc... Then there's seitan (vital wheat gluten), nuts, nut butters, seeds, legumes, hummus, eggs, and dairy products. I think if you are conscious about eating a healthy balance of protien/whole grains/vegis/fruits/ and healthy fats you can be a carb-conscious vegetarian. Being vegan would be a bit more challenging. I think one of the biggest...
okay I am terrible at keeping track of exact recipes/measurements... but I often make a great coconut milk soup. It is wonderful for warding off cold and flu!! I use 1-2 cans coconut milk, several very thin slices of ginger root, a small thai chili (optional), sea salt to taste, thai green curry powder (oh maybe a tsp or 2), a couple small clovces of garlic sliced thin, and a bit of lemongrass... simmer for an hour, Then throw in shitake mushrooms, some broccoli...
Definately!! I think the key is to eat a balanced, healthy diet of whole foods... Limit sweets and don't overdo fats, eat a balance of whole grains, vegis, lean protien, healthy fats, and occassional sweets... You can't go wrong!
My 10 month old ds eats: buckwheat waffles whole grain breads brown rice whole wheat tortillas black beans chick peas hummus organic cheese and yogurt rice milk tofu (rarely) cooked vegis (carrots, cabbage, green beans, spinach, etc) baked yams whole grain pasta minestrone soup miso whole grain crackers oatmeal organic chicken organic eggs apple slices banana homemade muffins oatios mild coconut milk curries organic butter (on or in...
Hey mama, you need to stop being so hard on yourself. I have been studying this philosophy called Health Realization. The main message is that how we feel is determined by how we think... our emotions follow our thoughts. If we are thinking negatively, we will feel negative. A great exercise is to practice posative self-affirmations. Focus on what is postaive about yourself, and your life. A great book is "You Can Be Happy No matter What" by Ricahard...