or Connect

Posts by bebe luna

small white beans are wonderful in pasta dishes, as well as in minestrone w/ kidney and/or chick peas polenta pizza topped w/ goat cheese, black beans, mushrooms, and cilantro fava beans marinated w/ italian dressing and chopped parsley lima beans sauteed w/ butter, corn kernals, and diced onions soba noodles w/ adzuki beans, sesame oil, and tamari (stir in any other yummie vegis you like) black bean enchiladas salad~ torn romaine, kidney beans, corn...
Stuffed Shells: Boil large pasta shells until al dente, strain, rinse, and set aside Mix stuffing: ricotta cheese or mashed firm silken tofu a few cloves of garlic, crushed several sprigs of parsley, minced 2 Tbsps rosemary leaves 5-10 mushrooms, sauteed in olive oil, then minced (optional) 2 Tbsps parmesan (dairy or soy) lightly oil bottom of baking dish cover bottom of dish w/ marinara sauce stuff each shell w/ stuffing mixture and place in dish drizle...
I never tried that particular diet, but have tried other "type" diets, such as~ The Ayurvedic "dosha" diet (I am a pitta), the Body Type Diet by Dr. Abravinol (I am a G-type), and the Chinese Element Diet (I was fire)... all these diets were very different, but the funny thing was I felt improved health and energy on all of them. I think s far as food preferances go, I enjoyed the Ayurvedic diet the best.
I did perineal massage about 1 week before I birthed, but did not use olive oil or any other oil during labor/delivery... I did birth in a birthing tub, which I think was a big influence on my not tearing or needing an episiotimy. Warm water makes the skin very supple.
Could you tolerate a nutrition packed smoothie?? Perhaps made of tofu, soy or rice milk, w/ fruit, a couple leaves of kale or a Tbsp of Spirulina, a Tbsp of hemp or flax oil, ground seeds and nuts or nut butters, etc. If you can tolerate soups you could make cream based soups from pureed tofu, add in broccoli or cauliflour, potatos, leeks, chives, herbs & spices, nutritional yeast... Do you eat meat? You can roast chicken and make gravy from the drippings~ serve...
*avocados!!! *sweet potatoes or yams *pureed stewed pears *yogurt (soy is great for dairy sensative people) *pureed stewed prunes *blended cooked lentils *green beans *winter squash After a few months of these basic foods, perhaps add in a bit of oatmeal or quinoa, amazake, applesauce, pureed cauliflour, carrots, and spinach... If you have allergies in your family avoid peas, bananas, melons, peanuts, &corn~ all these can trigger reactions, especially skin...
How about dips w/ crackers or pita bread?? My son has become a bit pickier as well, but he does love dips. Perhaps hummus, baba ganoush, dips w/ a tofu base, creamy dips, vegi pates, black bean dip... How about corn chips w/ a mild salsa. Soups are another thing my son likes. Especially minestrone soup. He also really likes tomato basil soup a lot. If he likes pizza, you could make him mini pizzas~ spread marinara sauce on a whole wheat pita bread, top w/...
What is a yoni???
I was borderline anemic most of my life until I made a few dietary changes, now my iron levels are great!! Some foods that helped me: *dried apricots and prunes (sulpher free!!) *dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard, spinach, etc *organic blackstrap and sorghum molasses *sea vegis (I love putting these in stirfries and miso, my faves are hijiki and wakame; nori is also delicious in a sushi roll!) *quinoa (makes a great hot cereal) *tritacale (a hybrid grain,...
I use Source of Life Prenatals by Natures Plus. They have no synthetics, and are very easily asimilated. Added bonuses of acidophilus, beneficial enzymes, and whole food concentrates. You can find Source of Life/ Natures Plus at most health food stores, co-ops, and many online sites. They are also very affordable and only 2 a day.