or Connect

Posts by fly-mom

Can she drink out of a cup? My dd liked to 'do it herself' and really resisted having it 'done to her'. Other ideas, is there anything really tasty that she likes to drink but only gets rarely? I don't know if dairy and antibiotics mix, but mixing it in with a yogurt drink or a fruit drink might work. You could be sneaky about it or honest, depending on your parenting preferences .
I voted that I would say something to the mother. Then I read all the posts. I would still say something to the mother. I'm pretty laid back and I don't stress out about safety much at all, but in this case I would feel uncomfortable enough with the situation that I would feel I had to say something. If the woman was snarky or defensive to me I'd just, "Okay, I just wanted to let you know", and leave it at that. I would like to point out that while the number...
Awesome! I love finding something playful that works. One time I brought a tape measure out to dd while she was in the sandbox and I needed to get inside. I knew she wasn't going to want to go inside. I had her 'measure' things all the way back to the house. I have to brag on DH tonight. DD wanted to take an inappropriate toy with her to bed (a contraption she had built with k'nex). We try to keep the k'nex all in one place. He grabbed her pink bunny and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move yes -- the other part of that is that if a parent *tried* GD to see if it will *work,* they set themselves up for failure with it. If their child tests them to see how they respond, they could easily throw in the towel saying that it didn't work, without giving it time, without looking for root causes, without trying a variety of creative solutions. I don't think that trying to talk other parents into...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee I'm trying to think of a longer way to say "yes" but that's all I've got right now. I've had parents tell me otherwise but they seem to have some internal need to physically do something when a child misbehaves - the punishment doesn't seem to have as much to do with the child as with that need. Yes, I do believe this is true. Also, there seems to be the impression that to choose not to 'physically do...
I thought it was funny. Not LOL funny, but CTM (chuckle to myself) funny. The milk was sour because the guy was eating sour skittles.
Thanks for the responses. I agree that not every possible GD choice is going to be effective for every child, you have to go with their temperament and their maturity level. Part of this question stems from an on line debate about spanking (which I made the mistake of getting involved in). Several women are claiming that spanking is sometimes the only thing that works for their child. I just find that impossible to believe. I mean there are whole countries...
I do GD and it works for my kids so far. In talking to people about discipline I sometimes describe what I do and I often get responses like "that wouldn't work for my kid. I have to have some sort of punishment". I realize that what works for one kid might not work for another, but maybe I am niave to think that GD, in some form or another, would be beneficial for all kids. Are there some kids that GD just doesn't work for, and punishments have to be used to make...
Do you have the pictures saved on your computer? If you do, you can go back and look at the date that they were uploaded maybe? They look exactly alike to me! Crazy! I can't tell if the outfit looks newer in one pic or the other.
Good suggestions so far. You might try calling the company and telling them that their product got broken due to the fact that it was tricky to take it down. They might offer to replace it. It's a long shot, but possible.