or Connect

Posts by emma1325

Thanks for the reply.  I've allowed myself to become very confused about nutrition.  I'm looking for a simple guide to use which is supported by a lot of good evidence.   We ate vegan for many months, and felt wonderful, and then mostly out of convenience we went to vegetarian for a few more months, consuming dairy products at least once/day...mostly non-organic.  Our health has suffered  (we have lack of energy and my teeth and gums are giving me trouble) we're ready to...
For those of you who are of the opinion that animal products are a necessary part of a healthy diet, I have a few questions for you.     1) Which ones do you consider the best?   2) How often should they be consumed for optimal benefits?   3) In what quantities should they be consumed?     Thanks!
Thanks so much, Puma.
It just hit me that one thing I'm not doing like I was for many weeks in a row - eating handfuls of raw almonds and raisins.  I wonder if that habit was keeping my mineral levels where they need to be?  I also was munching on raw carrots, celery, broccoli, etc.
Can you make a suggestion for me?  Is there a way to be tested for magnesium deficiency?   I eat a banana nearly every day.  But I'm ashamed to say that lately, that's been practically my only (raw) fruit/veggie. I've been living off of pb & j sandwiches, cereal with almond milk, whole grain spaghetti with marinara sauce, and hummus/cashew cheese with triscuits.   I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt to be more purposeful in getting fruits and veggies...?   But this...
Hi everyone,   I've been exercising regularly for about 5 months now.  I run twice/week, and do power yoga twice/week.  I also do regular yoga most days.  This along with a mostly vegan diet has allowed me to slowly drop 25 lbs!    But as of about 3 or 4 weeks, I've been having this weird problem with my legs.  The backs of my legs ache terribly, and I have really tight hamstrings. It hurts to stand up and to walk.  My hamstrings, hips and glutes feel like...
  Of course I know they're permitted.  I guess the first part of my question wasn't exactly what I meant to ask.  I am more interested in the evidence we have either way which demonstrates potential harm, or benefits, or relative safety, of toxic ingredients in tiny (sometimes repeated) amounts, since there is a lot of debate and disagreement on this.
"Synergistic toxicity is never taken into consideration"   I was asking for a pro-vaccine response to this assertion.
Very interesting, thanks!
Anyone ever heard this, or have any experience with it?     I wrote the following this morning to document our experiences with the vegan diet.  It's LONG, but hopefully it might be helpful to someone.       My husband Tre and I recently "went" vegan (well, mostly) for...10 weeks...I think? We went in it to lose weight and get healthier. By day 3 of the diet, I was starting to get tired of it and wanted to quit. (During those first 3 days, it's probably...