or Connect

Posts by KylaKay

I don't know a whole lot, but I will tell you see if you can have someone give you a part of their chive plant. I love chives, oniony, purple flowers, you can put them in salads.........pretty hardy, come up every year. I had one plant from my mom splitting hers for 10 years (until we moved in the dead of winter and I could not take any with). So last summer mom came through with another part of hers, which is already poking up. I bought some dill seeds (figured...
I had a Nelly Moser clematis plant on a trellis (that is before we moved-it was finally getting lush), at any rate I *THINK* they like to be in the sun, but have their roots "shaded". I had a pot of flowers shading its roots. I actually plan to plant at least another 2 or three on the side of this house now to climb up my new chain link fence. Happy planting!
Some of your problems hit home with me...long story, but anyway I experienced a bit of what you are going through, not to the extent you have though. As I type this I sit 5 hours away from my own family and ironically 6 miles from my IN LAWS. Yikes. This was due to a job transfer......transfer or no job, oh and a lay off in there too. Set boundaries, if dh has no backbone, you will have to have it for both of you. I had my inlaws dropping in all the time (both are...
I have used these products for about 3 years. My skin was not bad, but I have blonde hair and a very, very fair complexion, so if you have one red spot it seems multiplied and makes me feel paranoid about it. I have had great luck as I have very oily skin, but it is sensitive too. I love their toner and run out of that first all the time, I use the renewing cleanser/wash once a day and the repairing lotion every other day at night and their Daily Oil Control lotion too...
You received a lot of great ideas and information. I also was told or read that min-pins were not good with kids either, not sure where I got that from though.... I also think the crate idea is a good idea, a safe haven for Buster to go when he has had enough or wants to get away. I have always told/taught our dd GENTLE, you must be NICE and gentle to doggie or he will not want to be around you, and gently stroked the dog or "helped" her brush him and be loving. She...
I love pugs, and my mom's pug has always been good with dd. In the past I have had dobermans, a Bassett Hound and an American Bulldog (the love of my life-a great dog). Despite where I got them from and how much I paid each purebred had some health issues. The Bull and Bassett were still around when dd was born and both were good with her, but were older and in failing health. Shortly after dd turned 2 we lost one and a few months later we lost the other (dd is now...
Thank you for posting that intro. I have been trying to find out a bit more about DoC too and have been unsure (I actually am Catholic and was raising dd Catholic too). But attended a function given by a church in town (DoC) and was interested in doing more "investigative" work. The group there seemed so ......warm and friendly............
I usually like to add some kind of nuts, slivered almonds, pecans, whatever is on hand or stir in some fruit preserves, we are currently hooked on strawberry preserves but had some mango and enjoyed that too.
I guess we lucked out with the litter box training. Our bunny is probably about 5 months old now and we do have new carpeting throughout our house which is a very light beige (miss my old Pergo floors) so I worried about "accidents". To date we have not had any. She goes back in her box to go "potty" and will come back out to play. I consider us really lucky, we never get droppings on the floor, and I would really worry about the urine too(smell and staining). Though...
I had a silver-chinchilla colored mini-lop rabbit years ago named Harley. A boyfriend at the time gave him to me, he was easy to train (litter box) and when not supervised (we had 2 dogs too) lived in a dog crate. He was so much fun, but did like to cut my phone cord in two every now and again. He lived for 6 years (later we found out why my mom's asthma was so horrible for a few years when I got married and moved out taking Harley with me). Needless to say, she is...