or Connect

Posts by cateerob

my 18 yr ds and 15 yr dd have  been playing games since they were very young not my choice but  my ex had every game system going, i have never regulated the amount of time they play when they were pre school age they were bored after 30mins then when they were older  as long as homework and chores were done they were free to do what they wanted until bedtime, some weekends  they had a new game they would play all day, and sometimes they would not play for weeks that...
This is the reason i have my kids passwords and monitor thier accounts..my 14 daughter will accept friend requests from anyone..i have expalined the risks of this numerous times but have still found her talking to 18 year old  boys who she does not know and who are asking her out  ...i dont think it is the same as listening at the door i know all my daughters friends who come to the house, even if i dont i can see that person in frount of me and know they are who they...
both my kids are on face book..17yr old ds and 14yr dd... both are my friend on fb  so i do monitor their accounts, i have the controls set up on the laptops so i can check which websites the look at, i cant remember the last time i checked my sons but my dd is not making very good choices at the moment and had some mental health issues so i keep an eye on her online and as i pay for her phone i do occasionally check her txt messages/call log. I know both kids passwords...
My 14 year old has all kinds of issues at the monment , she has been self harming for at least 18 months, she now says she hears voices in her head teling her to hit people, she has many support networks and the school are great and she is now under the care of our local hospital...child and metal health issues..but this is a uk thing . Its a hard road, 90% of the time she is happy at home, she babysits for my firends kids and they love her she is no danger to little...
I think the meaning of the words may be  going over his head...i loved grease movie when i was a kid and had the soundtrack on tape. I remeber watching the movie with my  daughter when she was about  10 for the first time in years  and finally realsing what it was all about and thoses songs i had learnt at a young age were about sex..lol   If you cant stp him from hearing the songs  just explain you dont approval of some of the messages in them and let it go, i don...
 I had to return to work when my son was 12 weeks old and my daughter at 16 weeks...the bottle thing is hard, but babies will not starve themselves, my kids would not take a bottle if i was anywhere near them, so i had to leave the room or the house  for then to take a bottle from thier dad, once they took the first one from him,it was always ok with everyone else feeding them as long as i was not around, be prepared though for lots of night nursing, which is hard when...
I think if you are not stressed by cleaning/cooking will be fine...stock up the freezer/fridge..let the younger boys know there will be a few weeks after the baby is born that you will need to be taking it easy...get some new toys that they can play with without your help and put them away until you need a break..dont know if you do tv.. but tv and dvds will entertain the younger ones while you nap on the sofa.The 20 year old should be able to watch his brothers for...
hi I think asking her not to spray just before your arrival or while you are there  would be fair, most of the parks and open spaces where i live sray and use weed killer....but i would not aviod them. As to the bleach thing im not a big fan but dont think it will do any harm unless you lock yourself up in your home you cant aviod bleach cleaned areas. As to the pets..fleas are alot worse than the chemicals which dry off in a few hours, it would be unreasonable of you...
I did put them away when my kids got old enough to take an intrest..mainly becuase i did not want them pulling them out and showing them to thier friends on playdates. although we have always been open about sex some parents are not and its not my place to let thier kids see stuff they dont approve of. Also i did not want them seeing/reading the more graphic things when they were young. Now they are teenagers they would be mortifed if they thought thier parents were...
I would say let him give it a go...but maybe before you decide let dh take him for a 2 or 3 hour ride one day just to see how he goes. he may have fun and would be a grreat father son bonding exp catherine