or Connect

Posts by The4OfUs

I am GOBSMACKED at some of these prices.  I paid $95 a month for one kid for 2 days, 2 hours a day, and then $110 a month for the next kid, 3 years later.
Are you putting her to bed really early?  My kids dropped naps young, at 26 and 28 months, and for at least 6 months their bedtime became 6:30pm.   No joke.  Everything shifted up, dinnertime, etc.   For that timeframe they hardly saw their daddy during the week because of his work schedule (yay for weekends!), which sucked, but hub and I agreed sleep was more important for that short time period.  
I have to wholeheartedly agree on not even mentioning shyness.  My son was like, social butterfly toddler/preschooler with every person he met in public (much like me, and most of my family).  My daughter, quite literally growled at people for some time, and would cross her arms and harumph at people when she was 2 (I can look back on it now and laugh).  I had to learn how to navigate all of that with her.  I never stuck her with the shy label, or grumpy, or whatever...
My husband didn't go to any prenatal appointments with me, with either kid. It never occurred to me to ask him to come to any, nor be upset or concerned by him not being interested in coming, either. I did call him so he was on the cell phone when we had an ultrasound and found out the sex. We're kind of an "absence makes the heart grow fonder" kind of couple, anyway.   Shrug.    I probably would have been more annoyed than anything having him there, really.
I'll be frank:  I disliked 3 and 4 a LOT for this reason.  Sure 3 and 4 is super cute preschooler with sweet little heart that's still a little bit toddler but becoming a real "kid" with the fantastical imagination but still needs mommy, but 3 and 4, in this house, was also still toddler impulse control and fits with big kid stubbornness/reasoning/negotiating ability/blossoming independence/knowitall-ness (shockingly not often even correct knowledge :P  ).  Not my fave....
Did she know where her bear was and able to get it herself?  I remember I had to specifically one day sit my kids down and tell them that I did NOT need to know anymore every time they woke up, if they were able to take care of whatever it was on their own (dropped pillow, bathroom, drink) - that the only things I needed to be woken up for were nightmares and them being sick.  It.Was.Amazing.     And I could have kicked myself for not doing it sooner, because mine were...
IMO, anyone who says they've *never* been angry with their kids either has a kid like I was , is putting benadryl in their kids' food to sedate them ,   or is lying   .   And anyone who says they're never let their kids see they're angry with them....well, is a better person than I am.       And I mean really, I don't think there's anything wrong with your kiddo seeing you getting upset about them acting completely unreasonably.  I mean, you obviously don't want to...
  IME, with this brand of kiddo, yes - it sucks - believe me I KNOW it sucks.  I was a very compliant child by nature, and my firstborn was also (until he turned 4 ;)  ) so that's what I was used to.  Then my second born came along and it was as if she was born to make me realize I was not nearly as awesome as I thought I was.  lol.  Were I you, I would work on maybe giving less chances so that YOU are calmer when you have to compel her to do what needs to be done.   As I...
Honestly, I think you did fine.  You got done what needed to get done, you didn't shame or punish.  Some kids are just....MORE.  I have one of those.  I validate, sympathize, make suggestions for alternatives, and give a little time for them to come around or figure something out on their own, but whatever needs to get done still needs to get done and it gets done.  It's not consensual, but with an extremely strong willed very small child that is developmentally...
  RATS.  I was hoping there was some magic GD bullet in there.    Thanks for answering though!   I'll just be thankful that I'm not dealing with the level of issue your friends were; my younger does not try to deliberately get the older in trouble, it's just she's unwilling to compromise or listen once she gets an idea in her head of how she thinks something should be (when it involves both of them in a situation).  No matter how many, many, MANY times I have gone over...