or Connect

Posts by The4OfUs

But I think the issue here is that it's *not* predictable when she can do the fun thing of taking her to the park - it's a semi-spontaneous fun thing.  So putting it on a calendar would probably make it worse, in case there was a day the park was expected and it couldn't happen (speaking from experience).    Still, I see the point.  Calendars and checklists seem to work really for my own kids, so maybe you could get a regular calendar, and then look at it every night or...
  I think this is a HUGE point to teach to kids.......a journal that you physically write on and is kept in your room, is private.  ANYTHING you put on the internet, or send on a cell phone, just.isn't.  Isn't private from me, isn't private from anyone who might want to share or exploit it.  So, they can expect me to not snoop in a journal (unless I feared they were in imminent danger), but they will not be able to expect any kind of privacy on the internet or cell...
It is a tool, like any other, that can be used wisely, or abused.  There is nothing inherently evil about an exersaucer.  There is also nothing wrong with needing to have a break physically or emotionally from constant contact, injury or not.  There is no "checklist" for being an attached, attentive parent...and using tools available to help you out when you need it, within the overall scheme of an attached, engaged parent-child relationship is NOT going to damage your...
  " want to sit bear up again!" " You want bear to sit up a lot!  I'm just doing it the one more time, and then we can (hug, kiss, sing, whatever) and then I have to go (brief activity like laundry or whatever).  Then I'll check back on you."  (this is just hwo things went in my house, you say whatever it is you need to here). (tantrum) "You're really upset that I won't keep sitting bear up.  I'm sorry you're so sad about it.  I'm happy to {hug, sing, etc.} but I'm done...
  This is what I suggest, and what I did when my daughter got in the habit of being awake for 1-3 hours in the middle of the night, for a few months at a time,  in 2 different stages between about 15-18 months, and again shortly after she turned 2.  She always started out the night in her own bed and I laid to sleep with her,  then I'd go do my thing, then go back to her room whenever she woke up.  Her room was totally locked down - all furniture bolted to the wall,...
My son turned 9 in January, and just about since then has become more concerned with being modest/having privacy, as well as not wanting to see DH or I naked...and since little sister (will be 7 in June) does everything he does, now she is more concerned, too.  lol.   So we mostly keep doors closed while going to the bathroom (previously open or closed didn't matter much), and we have robes available too.  This coincides with DS really "getting" sex, and asking more...
Considering my choices, when my daughter was about 18-24 months, were:   A)  Child screaming bloody murder and thrasing, while contained in a stroller or shopping cart. B)  Child screaming bloody murder and thrasing, while contained in backpack/sling carrier. C)  Child screaming bloody murder and alternately thrashing/dropping to the floor limp-noodle style, while holding my hand and "walking". D)  Child darting wildly between other pedestrians, potentially...
I'll add, purely from a developmental POV that not only is what the previous posters said above normal, but "lying" in order to tell you what they *wish* was true in a sticky situation ("if I wish it was true hard enough, maybe it WILL be true!), or what they *wish* they would have done if they did something wrong, or telling you what they think you want to hear to avoid getting in trouble.  This is also 100% developmentally normal.  I'm not saying that there isn't an...
  Ohhhh, I so get this, the hair trigger.  Trying to be playful/funny and it backfiring in a big way. Our DD is a funny, funny girl but has the same hair trigger if she perceives any kind of joke at her expense (even when it's not, when they're really little some kids don't get it).  The thing is, SHE might have suggested the same exact thing, and *THEN* it would have been funny to her ("The bike is so big, mom could almost ride on it!  See if you can fit on it mom...
  I remember tons too, but they started in mid elementary school.....so I was like what, 9?  10?