or Connect

Posts by The4OfUs

I'm not Paleo, or even Primal because I still eat grains and sugar, but I have reduced my intake of grains and sugar to about 1/8 of their previous levels, and increased my fats from whole foods a TON and......   my blood pressure has improved, and my cholesterol went from 210 three years ago to 161 this year (with triglycerides of 105, down from the 150s a couple years before).  Last year I had a 20-point drop and my doctor asked me what I was doing differently, and I...
  This is beautiful.  It is hard to give over control, it's hard to not try to micromanage every aspect you think that you can to try to make everything "right" (I speak from experience)...but as a friend of many women who have done everything (and I mean everything) "right" and still had unexpected outcomes, coming to realize that we really *aren't* in control is humbling, and actually....healing.     My big lightbulb was after my second was born.  My firstborn was calm,...
  This thing looks AWESOME.
Diluted apple cider vinegar works great with my hair, to make it soft and combable (like 50/50 with water).....and coconut oil works great too, but it was a nightmare on my girl's hair because hers is wicked fine and no matter how little of it I used, and how much I stayed away from her scalp, it still looked greasy.  She hates the smell of ACV and won't let me use it on her, so we're just using regular store kid spray detangler at this point, and I'm not allowing myself...
  Really, this.
My daughter's hair is not thick, but it snarls and tangles like crazy, in a matter of just hours of her just doing her normal thing - and especially since we've been swimming regularly, the chlorine is doing a number on it too - it used to be an emotionally exhausting battle for me to comb her hair out a couple times a week, wet, with conditioner...doing it dry?  UGH.   And her hair is only just past her shoulders. I suggested cutting it back to her chin, many times,...
A red hot, hard lump that has increased from an insect bite size, in 14 hours' time, to the size of your hand = trip to urgent care, in my book.  Please get it looked at SOON.  That screams the picture of cellulitis, from my experience, and needs treated.  We had some experiences and used both alllopathic and essential oil remedies with great success.  Good luck. 
I understand that this is not an ideal reaction, but, I mean - you are human.  And what you're describing, as the PP stated above, is way different than a parent and child fighting and the parent hitting the child.     I've foudn on issues whereI lose my cool regularly, I have to act sooner instead of giving more time/chances, even if it looks more strict/authoritative/punitive/whatever.  Gently/calmly/kindly but firmly enforcing a limit, even if it seems "mean",...
At 2 weeks post conception, I would not worry.  If you conceived Jan 17 or 18, and the 2 bottles of wine were around Feb 1, that's just 2 weeks (not 4), which I believe is just after implantation, isn't it? Implantation is around 10days-2 weeks. The stress you're giving yourself about this is probably worse than any alcohol was at that very early stage. Relax, deep breaths, mama.   
I hope that they do wind up having the teachers trained, and focus on the things you've mentioned.  Good luck!