or Connect

Posts by Quinalla

Done, you may want to add Professional/Technical Professional/Engineer to your profession choices, I made a note in the note area at the end to clarify my profession because it wasn't included. Good luck with your study!
I was at this point probably about the same time as you with DD1. I ended up setting a lot of firm limits on BFing so that it was manageable for me and I did end up choosing to wean her when I was ready at 19 months. (I did do it very gradually and I was lucky that she was very accepting of it.) So, don't feel bad if you decide to set some limits (how long, how often, only at home, etc. whatever you need) and also you don't have to set limits if you don't want to....
Change yes, ruin no. And I agree that most of the changes are because of pregnancy, though some are from breastfeeding IME anyway. And it took my breasts about 6 months after weaning my DD1 to get back to their new normal, will be interesting to see what the new normal is after I am done BFing my twins. For me, my breast got a bit softer, but bigger and fuller too. And I too am much more comfortable showing off some cleavage after pregnancy/BFing, I was very modest...
There probably won't be many posts here anymore as the facebook group is quite active. If you still need an invite, you can PM me or anyone else in the group, nstewart is the admin, but we can all invite folks. So come join us over on facebook Everyone is welcome, even if you haven't been around for awhile. Oh and the group is set up to be completely private too.
I too agree with giving her the choice and that both options are fair. You could easily have just decided to let her go and find a new childcare provider and you are already being very accommodating IMO. Once she is back to working her full 40 hours again, maybe you can negotiate paying her occasionally to watch the children outside those 40 hours too, and you may even want to bring that up so she knows you are interested in a long relationship with her.
Do what works for your family because no matter what you do, someone is going to criticize, so make sure it at least works for you! This advice came from various loved ones. I agree that "Every baby is different." is very helpful advice. If someone asks me for advice on parenting stuff, I will tell them what worked and what didn't work for me, but then I always append "Every baby/child is different and do what works for your family." because my advice may not work for...
I voted IV, but really, it hardly counts as they put it in as I was asking them to check me again and when they did check me I was at 10cm, so yeah I did have monitoring too, but it didn't bother me as I wanted to labor lying on my side on the bed anyway.
I struggle with mine too sometimes even though I don't doubt for a second I made the right decision. For me, at 35 weeks I was diagnosed with pre-e & one of my twins was having random decels, stayed in the hospital for a week being monitored and finally made the call to do a planned c-section at 36 weeks because with the decels my boy was having, I felt a planned c-section was a better choice at 36 weeks than waiting longer and maybe ending up with an emergency c-section. ...
While sure, children tandem nursing certainly could and I'm sure do pass germs that way, they also pass germs back and forth so many other ways, I've never worried about it. I basically count on the other 4 of us catching anything that 1 of us has and with rare exceptions it is always the case no matter what precautions we take. I actually hope I'll catch stuff first so my breastmilk will have the antibodies to help out the babies
Yeah, I'd recommend giving her something for her hands. A small blanket, toy, nursing necklace, your finger to hold, baby's ear, etc. I also tend to pin one arm as much as I can between their body and mine, but that depends on your positioning, but one less wandering hand is good. But yeah, I don't mind gentle touches, but I just redirect all of it because being pinched, poked, punched, scratched, etc. is not tolerable for me, so it is not allowed. At my babies' age,...