or Connect

Posts by Quinalla

It was a lot easier to keep up with laundry, dishes & to prepare meals (at least the ahead of time stuff) as I could fit in 30s-10m of work when I could and I could run to the grocery store every day or even multiple times a day if needed. It was easier to get outside with the babies because I could go out anytime of day that was convenient for me. I got more rest because I could focus on relaxing and taking it easy if I had a rough night. It was easier to have people...
Yeah, I haven't been able to connect with any of the more AP-oriented groups around me as they all meet during the work day. And I feel like I'm the weird one at daycare since I wait until 6 months to give my babies solids, I bring in BM until a year, I use carriers, etc. but I'm really not very "hippy" when it comes to a lot of other things, so I often feel like I can't find my people. And I'd love to hang out with some of the working moms at my children's daycare, but...
Yup, even if he hadn't been out sick, you likely would have seen this, it may have just brought it out sooner. I went through the same thing with DD1 where she was happily being left at daycare one day and then suddenly she was clinging and crying. It's rough, but it is normal development for sure. I hope it gets better soon!
Good for you for doing your research, I think your compromise with your doctor was a good idea, but it sucks when they lay on the pressure! With my twin pregnancy, I felt like I was constantly doing things to reassure the OB which got annoying at times, but I did go with the flow when I could as I felt like it gave me more bargaining chips when I wanted to go against their recommendation, so I definitely feel you there. I didn't have concerns about ultrasound/NST hurting...
I understand not getting a motion recording, that's unusual honestly, and I do understand if they refuse or are hesitant to share information as that is supposed to be done by the doctor, though a lot of techs do share stuff. However, not showing you the screen I don't get and I would have been pissed about that too, every place I've gotten an ultrasound they either position the screen so I (and DH if he was with me) can see and they often have a second screen that is for...
My Mom loves to give gifts, especially to my children. She at least will take gift suggestions for Christmas/birthdays, but she wants to buy SO MUCH STUFF. For me, I've come to the conclusion I can't make her not buy things, but I can control what comes into and stays in my home. Some things she gave us for DD1 this Christmas I said would have to stay at her house because we don't have room, DD1 plays with the toys when she is there and that works out. My sister is...
Sometimes the hitter also needs help figuring out what to do with their frustration/anger instead of hitting. Using their words can help "I don't like that!" or giving them something safe they can hit like a pillow or having them choose to take a break before they get there "I'm really frustrated, so I'm taking a break to read/play in my room." are all things I can think of. I think all the other advice is great as well, but I hadn't seen anyone mention that yet and I...
Sorry about the colic, I don't know if DD1 had colic or what, but I just called her high needs and intense, ie did not ever want to be put down. Carriers/slings and a bouncy seat when I needed to put her down (she tolerated it better than on her back or belly, especially if she could see me or hear me). She hated the car, but if your boys like the car then use it as you need to. Baths sometimes helped DD1, but I know how much more difficult bathing twins is vs. one. ...
I wish we had carseats in both cars, but right now the three seats we need won't fit in DH's car. I have a 3.5 DD1 and twins that are 4 months, so right now DD1 is in a FF convertible and the twins are in bucket seats with bases. In my minivan, I can fit all three seats in one row, but my DH's sedan they just won't fit. I think once DD1 is in a booster, we can probably make it all fit in DH's car, but for now we drive my car when we are all going out. DH still has...
So cute, I'll try to snap a milk chin picture when I can