or Connect

Posts by Quinalla

Yeah, there are a few discounts out there, but more in the 10-20% off kind that you can probably get as a non-twin mom anyway. Like babies r us will give you a discount if you buy 2 of the same thing at the same time (you probably have to ask for the discount), but I think it is only 10%. I think some companies will give you extra samples or coupons As for nursing pillows, you don't need them, but they are nice with twins. I really like my twin Breastfriend pillow for...
I'm sure you've already thought of this, but regarding the car, could you drop off and pick up DH one day on the weekend so you could have the car, or does he need his car for work? As far as stress goes, yeah I am right there with you. I often feel like I can't win and when I'm doing well at work, I'm neglecting the kids, or doing great with the kids, but neglecting the housework, etc. I have gotten DH more on board with housework and childcare and that has helped, but...
For rudeness, I either say "Try again." or "Ask again politely." or "How do you ask nicely?" everytime, It gets old for me, but it gets old for the child too and they start learning to ask nicely the first time to avoid having to ask again. I also occasionally explain that people aren't motivated to do things for you when you are rude to them which is why it is good to be polite. I will occasionally ignore rudeness, basically pretending I didn't hear. This gives the...
I don't think your expectations are unreasonable, but I think it is also normal that your child is not always doing what you want, especially as it sounds like she is your more spirited/intense child. My 3.5 year old is mine. I've had fairly good success with giving one warning and then putting the toy or item that she's doing whatever wrong with in time-out. I don't have a set in stone rule for when she gets things back, usually at least not until next morning, but...
Could you try increasing BFing & supplementing some and maybe come back in 2 weeks or so for a weight check before starting cereal? A lot of times you don't even need an appointment for that, just verify with your pediatrician. Maybe he's going through a phase where he is more interested in looking around or whatever than eating so he's not quite eating as much as he should? I do know my DD was kind of bouncing around in the percentiles for awhile before she settled in....
Yeah, that pump does not have an automatic letdown feature like some others do, but it does let you adjust suction and speed so you can simulate it yourself. I personally don't like the automatic ones as they don't match the most optimal speed/suction adjustment for me, but some people love them. Mimicking your baby's pattern or the typical baby pattern can really help you to pump more though for sure.
There is a lot of calcium that is well absorbed from breastmilk. I think it is good to try and get some calcium-rich foods to your babe on the non-iron meals, but I don't think you should worry about it too much. Here is a relevant link from kellymom: http://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/calcium/
1. Make sure your partner is pulling their weight regarding household chores. Some partners are great at stepping up without you having to say a word, but most you will need to ask for specific help. I find making a big list of everything that needs to be done (and how often) and then sitting with your partner and figuring out who should be responsible for what can go a long way. Then revisit in a few weeks or a month or so and see if you want to change things up at...
It can be so hard to go back, try to enjoy your remaining weeks As far as pumping goes, I'm sure you'll get it figured out pretty quick. I'm sorry about your hours making it hard, have you considered trying to move your DD's bedtime? Not sure if that would work better for you. As far as milestones go, I know this can be very hard, but even if you SAH you can miss milestones too, so try not to feel too bad about that. The first time you see crawling/walking/etc. will...
I'm so sorry all your babies hate the car/car seat, that is so hard, I'm hoping #4 will be different! I would gently advise any further posters, if you haven't BTDT with a baby that truly hates the car, please take care with your responses as babies that hate cars really are different than most. My first DD1 hated the car until she was about 13 months, we tried everything, switching to the convertible, pacifiers, toys, bottles, singing, sitting next to her, holding her...