or Connect

Posts by Quinalla

My twins slept in bouncy seats for the first few weeks and still nap in them at times, it's another option and I like the bouncy seat as it is a nice way to set babies down for a few minutes where they can still see what's going on. I also have a travel size pack-n-play that is nice for little babies next to the bed and is a nice safe spot for them if your toddler is rambunctious, but definitely pricier than a bouncy seat or moses basket.
It's just a small suggestion, but I know giving my struggling 3.5 DD (I have 4 month old twins) permission to hit a pillow when she gets frustrated has helped her a lot. i tell her its ok to be mad at Mommy or Daddy or the babies, but it is never ok to hit people, but she can hit a pillow. It gives her a safe way to get out her frustrations. She is still tantrumming and doing other attention seeking a lot more than she used to, we are trying to give her as much positive...
Yeah, we went out a lot when I was on maternity leave for the same reason. They tend to fall asleep or at least be distracted in the car or stroller for sure. I planned my TTC so my babies would arrive in the spring/summer for a reason, my first was a winter baby and that made it so hard to get out. If I can't get out of the house I usually end up tandem feeding or at least holding them both on the BFing pillow or holding one while bouncing/rocking the other in the...
I too really recommend having one place in your house that you keep clean and organized and do it every night. I like the kitchen sink as keeping it clear is advantageous anyway and it needs to be cleaned once a day with all the yuck going in it and it is small enough I can tackle it every night even if it was a bad day, but it can be anything that works for you. Having one spot that is good can really help motivate you to do the rest. After that, yeah start with one...
Yeah, I don't think things have to be labeled as long as everyone knows what goes where, it might be helpful to label some things (like seasonal decorations or clothing that is being stored), but mostly stuff just needs a home and only things that are really used all the time should be kept out on counters (like in the bathroom, only hand soap on the counter, maybe toothbrushes/toothpaste, everything else should be in a drawer so it is easier to clean). And if you have...
I would consider using a service like this and I could also stop by a store and pick up the stuff as long as it was all ready to go too as I think getting it delivered would be problematic for me since both DH & I work and we don't get home at set times. I wouldn't use it every day, but I could see using it about once a week as there always seems to be at least one day a week where we can't think of anything to make, but for me I'd have to be able to order that day,...
The 2-3 hour thing should be taken as at least 2-3 hours (when they are little, they can space out more as they get older, not that all babies/toddlers will if you don't intervene though). If it is working for you, it's fine and I would guess some of that nursing is more/all for comfort than food which is also fine if it works for you. My first DD would probably have nursed 24 hours a day if I would let her, I never knew what to say to the doc when they asked how much...
I never wear makeup except occasionally if I'm in a wedding or something like that. For jewelry, I scale way back when I have babies too young to understand not to grab and pull, so I only wear stud-like earrings, my watch, rings (wedding ring plus one other) and sturdy necklaces if any necklace. Once they understand to keep their hands off Mom's jewelry, then I start wearing everything again.
Do as much as possible the night before and get up 15 minutes earlier than you think you need to so everyone isn't so rushed everyday and if something happens, there is time to deal with it. I know the first one is said so much its a cliche, but it is so important for me and I always regret when I leave stuff to the next day that I could have done the night before. And getting up 15 minutes earlier is so much better. I also always regret when I decide to sleep just a...
nstewart, yes wow does it make a difference to have laid back babies. You mean I can lay them down with a full belly when they are tired but still awake and they will go to sleep on their own with just a pacifier, what?!? You mean sometimes they wake up and put themselves back to sleep?!? I can actually set them down for 5-10 minutes without having to listen to "I'm probably being stabbed" screaming? Wait, I can go on 3-5 hour car trips and not even have to stop as...