or Connect

Posts by indeospero

Hello all.   It's been a very long time since I have posted.  I am having a very unsettling situation with my daughter, four years old this month, and I am finding myself at a loss.  I'm hoping very much that someone might have some ideas, experience, or wisdom to share.  I have gotten such wonderful advice here in years past.   My dd has had maybe four massive, epic tantrums in the past six weeks or so.  Once it was in the night (on that occasion, I finally...
Thanks so much, everyone. This forum never fails to be a source of needed advice. The reminder about vit. D is well taken. It's bright and summery here, so I haven't been supplementing, but I've started again since last week and there seems to be some difference already. I did buy a "raw New Zealand thyroid" supplement at the health food store, which contains 50mg of thyroid as well as L-Tyrosine and a variety of seaweeds. I agree that it would be best to get a...
It has been a long time since I have posted here, but I need some help. For the past several months, I have been under an extraordinary amount of stress. My health has generally suffered, but what I am most concerned about is the frequent stomach pain I am experiencing. Could I have developed an ulcer? It has been typical for me since childhood to manifest stress as indigestion/intestinal pain. This problem started out in that familiar way months ago, but is no...
Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife Biggest question: Is this normal? I know my mainstream friends are going to say that I'm letting him run the house and that can't continue... Wow, what a negative way to view for people to view a little baby: as if he were in some sort of power struggle with the rest of the family. Your baby is just being a baby. It sounds like he's good at getting his needs met peacefully; to me that sounds like something to...
I have a child, age 4, who is also intense and passionate. We have, at times, had similar difficulties with transition/leaving. I've found that there is no "technique" that particularly works for my daughter. Many of the ideas above, which I see working for other families, and which are proving helpful tools with my [differently temperamented] one-year-old, are useless with my passionate girl. What *has* helped is thinking about it in terms of "vibe" and connection. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissyLissa I re-use mine all the time. I wash them out very well and they hold up really well for about 3 feedings or so. Ditto! I think you will find this small hassle to be well worth it. The Lact-Aid is so much nicer to use than the SNS.
I took herbs, including fenugreek, along with the domperidone, and noticed significantly less milk if I did not. Of course, my situation was a little different because I am post-surgery, and my milk supply needs a LOT of help. If I were you I would let the supply get established ont he domperidone (which can take a few weeks), and then test to see whether you can drop the fenugreek without impacting your supply. Good luck!
Bump... Just got copies of my bloodwork, and it's actually the serum iron, not the hemoglobin, that was high. Serum ferritin low. Should I take Floradix to try to bring up the ferritin levels (has worked in the past), or will that cause a greater problem with iron levels? Why might this be happening in the first place?
What about interlibrary loan? They can usually get almost anything you request. Also try your local LLL group. Most group libraries now have a copy. Good luck!
Hi mamas, I'm down to 60mg of dom and am ready to be done altogether. (My dd is 15 months now, and I think we are both ready for this transition. We will continue nursing.) My question is, do I have to keep dropping one pill at a time, per Dr. Newman, all the way down to 0? Or can I just quit at some point? The reason I ask is that at 60mg, I am barely getting any effect anymore, and I know from past experience that below 60mg the dom doesn't affect my milk...