or Connect

Posts by quaz

I was in junior high before I learned to swallow a pill. Before then I had to chew them. :-(   I still take meds by putting water in my mouth, and then putting the pill in. I still have difficulty swallowing it at times.   Tammy
Instead of preschool, have you looked at other programs? When my girls were young, I put them in a variety of park/rec programs, sports, etc. I looked at it as, I had the money that I would have forked over for preschool to spend on extracurriculars and supplies.   I didn't go with prek until the year before K.  That worked for one child, and was a big regret of mine for my other child.       On your actual question...  as another poster put, no it isn't...
deleted
deleted
deleted
deleted
Yes, check out as many books as you can. It was not uncommon for me to come home with 20+ books.   My oldest daughter was like that for several years. Tammy
Deleted.  
Deleted.
    There is a difference, thought, between bored for a small chunk of time, versus being in school from 8:30 - 3:00, and not having a single academic need met for the year. :-(   I understand a bit of boredom, and all kids need to handle that. My child thinks her reading book for class is boring, but it is definitely level appropriate. She has to deal.  She needs to handle that boredom.   That is very different, though, than asking a gifted child to 'cope' with boredom...