or Connect

Posts by nonconformnmom

Quote: Originally Posted by verde I have a pizza stone and I like the pizza although the crust is always hard on the bottom. My brother suggested a pizza pan. Has anyone used a pizza pan? Do you preheat the oven with the stone inside? I think the stone needs to be blazing hot when you put the pizza on it in order for it to cook the crust right. I have a stone and some very good quality pizza pans with holes in them. I prefer the crust when...
In case this hasn't been posted yet, go here to get your Sawyer nickname. http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=nickname So, can the Losties run into themselves when they travel into the past on the island? Or is that impossible? I'm completely uneducated when it comes to the intricacies of time travel.
Quote: Originally Posted by honeydee OMG read this! The timing couldn't be better! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29017293/ Weeee! :
I see spirituality as an internal quality that places value on things of a spiritual nature. I see religion as an outward or community-oriented practice of spiritual beliefs. I am a very spiritual person but I am not religious. I think a lot about the divine nature of human beings and of the earth, and the question about a Divine Being. But I don't attend church services nor do I read the Bible or other religious writings. (I read the entire Bible while I was in High...
Have you tried creating an incentive for her to stay in her own room all night? You could make it into sort of a game, and for every night she stays in her own room you reward her with something in the morning. Or do a star chart and after each continuous set of 3 stars you take her to something fun that she can do with just the two of you. My 6 yo is really motivated by getting a quarter every morning if she gets out of bed before the alarm clock rings. (We have...
You bought a house! Congratulations! : ETA: Ah, I see now my guess is incorrect. I was guessing the safe deposit box was to get the downpayment check and the office was to settle on the loan, and the tour was the final walkthrough prior to taking possession.
With one of my babies, I stopped pumping at 8 months, and with another of mine, I stopped pumping at 6 months. In both cases, my body easily adjusted to breastfeeding on demand for weekday evenings and mornings, and all throughout the Saturday-Sunday weekend. I did run out of my frozen breastmilk stash eventually, and then they got formula during the day on weekdays. But we all adjusted fine. I was able to continue breastfeeding well beyond a year, and with my last...
I don't like to play all that much, either. I enjoy being outside with the kids, but I don't enjoy a forced, 'let's play a game' situation all day long. My kids ask me all the time to play with them and I often put on a very serious expression and say "I'm not your personal Entertainment Committee, you can play on your own." Then I surprise them with a loud monster growl and claw-like hands as I chase them down the hallway, the girls giggling all the way. They...
In your circumstances, I don't really think you need a pump. You can certainly do without it for the first few months and then, when the baby is older and if you feel like you want to spend a bit more time away, you can arrange to get a pump then.
I did the gradual thing and, after 3 weeks of misery, I gave up. So I don't know how long it takes; I only know that for me, it was far too long. I hate knowing I'm addicted to caffeine, but I'm too weak to make it through the withdrawal period.