or Connect

Posts by kwilki8

I had one with my first son at 36.5 weeks and it was positive.
My doc's recommendation was the Paragard IUD because it doesn't use hormones.
What grade of reflux did your older dd have? VUR has a pretty high recurrence rate among siblings, and that rate is even greater for the higher grades of reflux. With a diagnosed UTI and  a sibling with VUR, I would definitely do the VCUG. The risk of kidney damage outweighs the unpleasantness of the test for me. (I have 2 kids with VUR.)
That's a whole other issue, then, and it sounds like it's one that should be addressed at the district level. It doesn't make sense for score reports to go out to some schools and not to yours. While I could see there being some bugs to work out of the communication chain as a school implements a testing program, it's totally wrong for the principal to refuse to release scores. And it doesn't make any sense for the school from a PR perspective--most schools are falling...
I think it's probably an issue of who has the authority to print you a copy of the scores. Our school does MAP testing, and as a teacher, I don't ever see a hard copy score report; my access is through my personal account on the company's website. If a parent asked me about a child's scores, I would talk about them but would not print a copy of the report because I don't know if that's allowable. Our district office handles the management of all testing data, and I would...
Do you know what markers your hematologist was referring to? If you need to have any testing redone it should be before you are pregnant because some of the tests are inaccurate during pregnancy. I would expect an ob to be reluctant to work with someone with a clotting disorder who refuses bloodthinners, because clots can be so dangerous and unpredictable. It may be helpful to look at why you object to the medication--if your concerns are with management of your...
I'm planning to work as long as possible because I only have 7 days of paid leave. And since I only get paid for 10 months of the year (I'm a teacher), each day I take unpaid is a big chunk of my salary. I'd like to work until May 11 (babe is supposed to be born on the 13th), but I've had to leave work early for both of my previous pregnancies due to blood pressure issues, and it's not looking a whole lot better this time, so I'm planning on being ready to leave after...
Well, several of my coworkers were surprised to learn I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago--and I'm almost 30 weeks now! I think it was pretty obvious by 16 weeks, though, which is earlier than I was showing with my previous babies.
I have a different clotting disorder, but I am currently at 29 weeks with my 2nd Lovenox pregnancy. I was fortunate to be diagnosed after my first child was born (she had IUGR due to clots in the placenta), so I have been on Lovenox from the start with both subsequent pregnancies. I've not experienced any losses, and I don't take baby aspirin, so I can't offer much insight there. I wasn't considered high risk because of the Lovenox, though. (I ended up high risk due to...
Hospital for me--repeat c/s. I'm not happy about it, but there really aren't feasible alternatives for me.