or Connect

Posts by Jillie

Hi everyone! I'm a new runner and I'm going to be running in my first ever run next saturday. It's a half marathon. I have enjoyed reading about everyones running experiences and I really like the motivation from everyone. Would anyone like to share tips for a first time runner? It's a largish group to me anyway, the 1/2 is capped at 5000 runners and the full marathon will be going on at the same time. Small for some of you but it sounds daunting to me! We start at...
I got some at Radio Shack that are meant to be for communication between two places, like push the button, talk and wait for the other person to do the same. They sit flat on the table or can hang on the wall. they don't clip on your belt or anything. They work very well and you can add a third one on. When I want to use it like a monitor, you set it to lock and one will only transmit like a baby monitor and the other will recieve. Mine have a recharge feature so I...
I'm also trying to train to run a 1/2 in early May. My first ever run on any kind and I'm also in the 4-6 mile range. Just last night I ran 6 miles for the first time ever. I'm resigned to the fact that I may not ever be a fast runner but I'm doing it. I also have the time issue and often am running after 9 at night.
Yep the Irs will catch will catch it. I don't know the actual law and what will happen next but if you have a court order that should trump their "claim", although if ex is being supported by them they might be able to claim the one child. I think... I'm new at this tax thing. I wouldn't give up the child to quickly as they help a lot in the refunds. Also if your not married now and they do claim a child, look into climing the child as not a dependent, but under head of...
I don't need to lose a lot of weight, maybe 5 to 10 pounds, but I really want to do it and stick at close to that weight, about 120 ish. I've been walking on the treadmill everyday for about 10 or 11 weeks and I'm stronger for sure, but I just cant get down there. I'm 5' 3.5" and at 125 pounds and wear about a 8/10. I was in the 135's or so before I started. My biggest problem I think is eating. I can't believe how little I need to eat to survive!! It is crazy how...
Man, I must be the only one who can't wait to go somewhere for christmas. Granted dh family is right here and my parents are only an hour away so its realitivly easy, but I'd go nuts staying at home. All of my everyday stuff is here and I'd still be cleaning up, doing the cooking and dishes, etc.... nope, I love going to someone elses house. Its always easier to help them with the cooking and dishes than to do mine. Oh and everyone can't come here. 22 people wouldn't...
I have lots of sweaters as I live in them all winter, with long underwear, jeans, undershirt, longsleeve tee. We keep it cold in our house (in North Dakota so it is cold). Three of the sweaters are from Cabela's, basic cotton v neck, in brown, teal and light blue. I also have 2 land's end full zipper sweaters, green and blue. I also wear a light weight soft jacket as my top layer often (white). I try to wear them more than once, but I have so many because I usually...
So dh and I decided to have a three week race to see who could lose the biggest percent of weight. I need to lose around 10 pounds. This was a good motivator for me and I started really using the treadmill that we have. I started out easily, but I have been using it everyday now and have only managed to lose 2 # in 2 weeks. I gave up candy, pop is a very occasional treat, a little sweet treat here and there, but otherwise good in the calories in department. I walk/jog...
This is almost exactly what happened to me five years ago, except he died before we got him to the vet. It was a weekend and when I called the vet they told me he could wait until monday, but the next morning he was much worse and died on the way into the vet. I felt terrible about it for a long time. He was a good boy, and I miss him. Sorry for your loss.
OMG that thing is huge and it is going to give me nightmares!!!