or Connect

Posts by berryMO

Thank you all!!! You are so cool to give me advise on this very yucky subject. I think the tub drain could defintely be the problem. I'll keep you posted on what happens Thanks!
We had some fruit flies last fall from fruit lying around, the regular reasons, but they never went away. Now I am past annoyed. Anyone with any suggestions as to how to get rid of them? They are in our kitchen and in our bathrooms. For a while I was resigned to the fact that they needed a place to winter and why not with us but they have multiplied and now I am tired of it. Until recently I used a household cleaner with vinegar in it and I thought that was it...
Thank you ~heatherdeg~ I had found the link to that first one but had not found the forum thread, that was very interesting. They mentioned a book: Gaia's Garden by Toby Hemenway, I want to see if I can barrow from out local library. It seems I have seen this book somewhere before. Now I'm exciting. I have some ideas that I can actually share with dh.
Do any of you have experience with a grey water pond? It seems to me some time back someone here was talking about making one, it even seems to me she posted a drawing? Anyways, I am interested now and am looking for info. on doing this? Any links or ideas? I'd like to have our house run-off and our washer drain water go through a leech field of gravel and sand and then build a little pond for it to go into. Then I want to build a little meditation garden near...
I'm probably not the one to ask since I now have one in PS and one I'm starting K at home with but... I worked evenings the past 2 years one or 2 or sometimes 3 evenings a week. I thought it was working just fine but our life was always sooo crazy. I blammed it on the homeschooling and put ds in school. When I am tired, have a piles of laundry and other house-hold duties to do I'm not the best teacher. I found when we put ds in school our life was still crazy, even...
I'm reading Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola and love the ideas in it. I have heard wonderful things about Singapore Math - I'd love to be able to thumb through it and see one sometime. We are using Saxon Math with ds and are very pleased.
Yes, the cross contamination is something to be worried about. I have a friend with a son who severe nut allergies, we noticed at a theme park we went to that they used the same ice-cream scoop for the nut icecream, dropped in a pan of water and use it for the next flavor. Way too risky. Some things I see but being able to pack your own child what you want for thier own meal would be important to me. I appreciate your thoughts on keeping food fresh and safe to...
I haven't gotten a chance to read this whole thread but I have been assisting with reading in my ds's class and the kids are all over. The teacher lets each child read books at his or her own level. Does not expect every child to be at the same level and reading is only a small part of their grade. For example my ds is struggling to read. It is holding back his ability to be more independent in the class but he is making a "B" in Math.
I'm just watching this thread. I have experienced similar things... Home schooling was a very big struggle but ds was ultimately a well behaved and well liked child when we were out and about. We put him in ps and now it is like all his frustration is saved up for home. He is also always very tired. It takes until mid-day Saturday and sometimes Sunday before my nice child is back again. Mondays are usually good but by Tuesday we are back into the...
herstorian, It was so interesting to hear about how things work in your country. We should appreciate our fredom more I guess. It would take so much planning for you to have to order the foods you can't get locally! I admire you! Most people would give up and eat what was available. Wouldn't this kind of thing hurt the local farming community? We can pack what we want in our children's lunches but if we bring anything for a class party or something it has to be...