or Connect

Posts by PrincessWinnie

Boy oh boy could I have written this. I feel the same way about my parents and spent a lot of time being horribly disappointed and sad until I made peace with the fact that they will never be the grandparents I'd hoped they would be.My folks never even ask to see my kids and they live 5 minutes away. And I'm an only child so these are their ONLY grandkids. Sometimes DS1 even forgets about them. Thankfully MIL is an angel to my kids and treats them the way they deserve to...
Can I just say THANK YOU for posting this? I'm very much a lurker, but only because I fear so much being judged around here. This is so, so refreshing to read as a mama who loves her children more than chocolate but sometimes lets them cry outside the bathroom and doesn't jump at every whimper.   Just.... thank you. :)  
Hello! I own a pet sitting company in Northern Virginia and while I don't do farm sitting I'm certain I can help you find someone who does. Do you mind telling me your zip code? That will help narrow it down for me, plus let me know if you have livestock, horses, etc.
It's funny you say that, because my baby is like that, too. It seems the more I interfere when he wakes the MADDER he gets. I finally got the hint when he was about 8 months old, if he woke I'd give him a minute to resettle instead of rushing to him and lo and behold he was quiet within 5 minutes. No screaming, no yelling, no tears. I think some babies do have a "hands off" approach when it comes to sleeping and it takes a while to figure it out with them. My first, I...
I don't know, I'm kind of in the camp of that age sometimes they need to let off a little steam. Three is HARD, and they get themselves so tightly wound that I know my oldest son sometimes needed to be vocal before he went to sleep around that age. I'd rather him whoop and yell a little before taking a great nap rather than giving him melatonin or herbs, or skipping the nap and dealing with a completely irrational 3-year old in late afternoon.   I don't think of it...
There is no one answer for this - it's individual for every person/family. For us, I couldn't fathom a close age gap. I remember looking at DS1 at his 2nd birthday party and thinking "this is about the average time when people start having their 2nd child" and it literally made me nauseous. Not because of DS1 - he was a relatively easy baby/toddler -but because of my own patience/tolerance level. Young toddlers are EXTREMELY high energy and by the end of each day I...
Mine is 6.5 months old and is waaaaay more interested in our food than my first DS ever was. This one is literally Pavlov's dog watching us eat. I agree with the stone fruits (peaches, nectarines), He LOVES to eat off of mine (he just kind of gums off some of it while I hold it) or I cut one into quarters and let him hold it and gnaw on it. Apples, too. Someone told me quartered oranges were great for that, too, I just haven't bought one yet. I tried the heel of a piece...
Totally, totally normal. And that awake time (90 minutes) is right on target. That's what both my DS's have done. DS2 is now almost 5.5 months old and just dropped his 4th nap. He finally started taking naps longer than 45 minutes and we can extend his awake time a bit. Well, I actually kind of forced it because the 4 naps/day was just KILLING me.
A 10-week old baby shouldn't have more than 1-2 hours of wakefulness before overtiredness sets in. Everytime she wakes up, watch the clock and aim to start settling her down to sleep after an hour of waking up, then just try to gauge her tiredness level. DS is 12 weeks and in the morning can settle back to sleep easily after an hour, as the day goes on he can withstand a little more wakefulness but no more than 2 hours ever. After that point you may have an overtired...
Okay, first please excuse my insane hormonal-ness (if that's a word) as that is what I think is partially fueling some of the anxiety I'm feeling. But I would appreciate some listening ears and support for those who've been there, done that. DS1 is 6 years old and the new babe is about 10 weeks. We were more than happy to have a large age gap, it's actually what we really wanted for many reasons. After an early miscarriage last year, we were blessed with this...