or Connect

Posts by kallyn

Ok, I swear I'm not trying to be dense, but if the main problem is how long the stock takes to cool, how would cooling it on the counter be any quicker (and thus safer) than cooling it in the fridge? I've seen this advice a lot and it doesn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm overlooking something.
We got a hindquarter a little while ago, I'll see if I can remember what we got...ours was a smallish cow too.   I know we got around ~34lb of ground beef.  We got maybe 8 sirloin steaks and maybe 5 or so T-bones and also a few porterhouses, 1 flank steak.  I asked for 3-4lb roasts and we got quite a few of those...8 or 9 maybe?  They were mostly just labeled "roast" so I'm not sure what kinds they were, although I know at least 3 of them were sirloin tip.  I got 4...
I'd eat it for sure. 
The "yoghurt dough" from Nourishing Traditions makes yummy crackers.  Here's a copy of the recipe for the dough: http://totalbirthing.com.au/2010/12/yoghurt-dough/  Just roll it out to cracker thickness, score it into the sizes you want, prick with a fork, and bake at 350 until it looks done (10-12 minutes ish).
I made this beef coconut curry thing tonight and I think it would fit perfectly into EFLF: http://www.whats4eats.com/meats/rendang-daging-recipe. We had it with brown rice (cooked for 2 hours in bone broth) and papaya/daikon salad. Sooooo delicious! Eta: forgot to mention, used CO for the oil (duh ) and coconut palm sugar for the sugar and as many of the optional ingredients as I had in the kitchen.
Lilah likes chewing on her fist too!  Totally normal I think.  :)
In Wild Fermentation, it says that sometimes mold appears on the surface of kraut but it's no big deal. Just skim off what you can - it's just a surface thing from contact with the air and the rest of the kraut is fine.
I've made the almond/arrowroot cookies from NT before.  They're yummy, but I can never get the recipe to work as written.  I always need to add an egg.    If you need sweets on the EFLF diet though, I would probably go for some of the coconut based ones out of EFLF itself!  At least you get some metabolism-revving coconut in there.  :)   I'm not exactly following EFLF, but I'm being inspired by it lately.  And I've made a few recipes from it that are fantastic! ...
I have no idea what I'm doing either but here is how Lilah sleeps.    She usually wakes up for the day at 7:30.  Then all day long she will stay awake for 1-2 hours max and then get sleepy/cranky and take a nap.  She used to fall asleep nursing but almost never does that anymore - she prefers to be walked around.  Naps are anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours.  If I set her down they're always shorter, she'll only go down for 2 hours if she's on me.  Swaddling helps her...
I haven't really been on mdc since Christmas and you guys put up so many baby pics in the mean time!  They are all soooo cute!  I keep coming back and looking at them.  :)   Melly, love Ben's smile!  He looks like such a happy little guy.  I love his name too, it was one of the ones we were considering for a boy.  :)