or Connect

Posts by kallyn

I've had success in the past using half macadamia nut oil, half olive oil.  The nut oil is nice and neutral and doesn't have a terrible fatty acid profile.  I would use all macadamia oil, but it's pretty expensive, so I just use it to cut down the strongness of the EVOO.  You can also try using bacon grease, which is a totally different kind of mayo, but pretty good if you like bacon.     Thanks so much for your input!  I suspect it will be the same for me with respect to...
NAK   I did mostly paleo for a few years (4 maybe?) but started running into health issues with it.  Then I got pregnant and just abandoned it for awhile, even though I stayed eating healthy (more WAPF-ish).  Anyway, after the holidays I'm considering giving it another go, but with some major changes.  This is what I think will help me be successful:   smaller quantity of meat (was previously eating ~1lb/day, which was wayyy too much protein for smallish...
Lilah was 7lb 5oz at birth and approximately 11lb 14oz a day or two shy of 8 weeks (measured her on my bathroom scale, so not super accurate).  She's also gone from 20 inches at birth to 23 inches at 8 weeks.  :)  That's my little chunk!!
Love her surprised eyebrows!
Update: Thanks for the replies everyone.  I ended up calling (since it is Friday afternoon and all, didn't want to go all weekend second guessing myself) and just speaking with a nurse, who said basically the same thing cristeen did...just keep an eye on her and make sure she eats and doesn't go over 100.4.  Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond!  This new mom stuff is a little nerve wracking!
Babygrant: Not sure if you wrote a reply, all I see is my own quoted post?   Lionessmom: I am bfing.  I have a little bit of dairy but not large amounts.  Butter every day and a bit of cheese or yogurt maybe every other day.  Babe has never had mucusy poop before though, and since it coincided with her other sick symptoms I was chalking it up to virus.   She did just rouse enough to eat at noon, but is still asleep right now.
Ok here is the rundown...   Wednesday, DD wakes up with a stuffy nose.  Has a little bit of runny poop.  By nighttime, has a rectal temp of 99.2.  Throws up on DH before bed.  Otherwise acting/sleeping/eating normally.   Thursday, DD wakes up with a less stuffy nose.  No fever, but poops alllll day long, with mucus, and even has one diaper that is nothing but green mucus.  No vomit.  Otherwise acting/sleeping/eating normally.   Friday, today, DD sleeps a...
It's been a little rough for me.  I had a second degree tear and my stitches were so painful that I could hardly even move around, then I got a UTI on top of it.  I've also been bleeding for a very long time.  It was only period-like for about a week, but I've had spotting almost every day since then and I'll be 7 weeks on Monday.  Seeing the doc on Monday for my pp checkup and hoping they'll say I can start exercising, as my utter lack of ab muscles are really making my...
The babe mostly sleeps snuggled up next to me, and if not there she's just a foot farther away in the sidecarred crib, but DH has been sleeping in the guest room since she was born.  :(  He's such a light sleeper that he'll wake up even if I just wriggle around to try and nurse her lying down.  He slept in the bed with us once and got even less sleep than I did.  I'm really looking forward to us all being in the same bed at some point!!
Quote: Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain What made this extreme? The chicken hearts! Ok, I'm not extreme How are the chopped chicken hearts in the ground beef? Noticable? We're trying to eat more organ meats over here and this sounds like a good idea. I've already tried grinding up calf's heart and adding it to ground beef and it worked really well, but it would be nice not to have to get out the meat grinder. Also, your siggie made...