or Connect

Posts by maplesugar

I am also eagerly awaiting the next in the series. Perhaps I will re-read the entire series to pass the time untill the book hits the library. How exiting.
That book sounds interesting. I enjoy being a homemaker for those reasons. I would probably not be able to cook from scratch, homeschool, garden, etc, if I had to take on a job outside the home.
Well just as an anecdote, ds and most of his same age friends were not anywhere near reading at that age. I think it is just fine although I remember feeling the same as you. I have come to think that it really doesn't matter in the long run if they start reading early. Ds didn't read untill eight, but is now (at 11) a champion reader! This is one nice thing about homeschool-we don't have to follow an arbitrary schedule.
I also put kale (and other greens) into our smoothie. And Raw in salad is great. Another wasy to eat it raw would be cutting into strips and marinating it in the vinegar solution of your choice.
In our old house, on one side there was this lady who burned all her trash, plastic and all. Actually a lot of folks in that neighborhood burned their trash. this drove me so very nuts! Calls to the EPA and the local fire department had no effect. The family on the other side did not burn their trash. they did, however have a miniature barnyard on their quarter acre lot. They had goats, chickens, rabbits, a rottweiler, and a houseful of messy children who let soda cans...
spiders and snakes don't bother me at all, but I am totally phobic of mice, rats, and theri like (ferrits, gerbils, and hamsters. I can hardly look at a picture of a rat or a mouse without screaming. I guess I am afraid they will run up my leg. I could never have a rat for a pet......yuck, yuck, yuck
My eyes have changed over the years. And they change from day to day, minute to minute. They started out blue. Now they are a mostly green blue with flecks of brown and amber. I usually just say they are green. My eyes tend to captivate people as they try to determine the color. They are kalidescope eyes!
I want to make my own upside down tomato hanger using a five gallon bucket with a two inch hole drilled in the bottom. I did read to let this grow upright for a few weeks, then hang upside down as necessary. I plan to try some cherry tomatoes this way just for kicks.
Tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants, I start indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost. Also basil. Beans and cukes you can just plant outside. I have never heard of anyone starting beans before planting outside... I am a zone behind you and I plan on directly planting peas, spinach, radishes, and greens outside real soon, no starting neccesary. Also cilantro goes outside asap, direct seed.