or Connect

Posts by honeybee80

8/31 - budgeted spending  $131 Costco, $40 gas, $2 parking   no spend days - 9  budgeted spending days - 10  non-budgeted spending days - 3 
8/30 - budgeted spending  $15 parking   no spend days - 9  budgeted spending days - 9  non-budgeted spending days - 3    Already spent a bunch of money today (all budgeted), but I may spend more later, so I'll update tomorrow.
8/29 - budgeted spending  $9 dinner   I got my paycheck yesterday and got quite a bit more in it than I had estimated, so I'm pretty stoked about that!  Makes that credit card purchase yesterday not a big deal ;)  This weekend may involve quite a bit of spending, as I'm seeing Phish tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday.  I have my tickets already, but there may be drinks and food bought...we'll see.  I try to be prepared, but sometimes it's nice to treat myself! :)   no spend...
8/28 - unbudgeted spending  $200 String Cheese New Year's tickets   Uh, yeah, I almost posted that I had a no spend day, because that's what it feels like when I use my credit card.  The happiness I get out of events like this is absolutely worth the cost! ;)   no spend days - 9  budgeted spending days - 8  non-budgeted spending days - 3 
I left my last lease a month early and my landlord (rental company) said that they couldn't legally accept rent from 2 different tenants at the same time for the same unit. My place rented out 2 days after I moved out (I had to pay rent for the next month) and they are refunding the rent that I paid minus those 2 days. I was lucky to not have a cancellation fee and they were really great about working with me...I even got my whole security deposit back. Definitely talk...
This, or LL Bean.  Great quality and really reasonably priced when you can find those coupons.  I got both my kids down jackets for $38 each last year! :)
This is a really hard one, because we are trained to think that as soon as something is not perfect, it needs to be replaced.  Stay strong...they still function the same even though they don't look perfect anymore! ;)     8/27 - no spend    no spend days - 9  budgeted spending days - 8  non-budgeted spending days - 2 
8/26 - no spend    no spend days - 8  budgeted spending days - 8  non-budgeted spending days - 2 
8/25 - no spend    no spend days - 7  budgeted spending days - 8  non-budgeted spending days - 2 
You could also have them help you decide what to clear out.  Maybe give them parameters, like choosing 3 or 4 toys to give away to someone who doesn't have any toys?  Even pretty little kids understand this idea.  That way, they feel some control over the situation, instead of you just getting rid of their toys.  Also, if there is anything broken, those things should go immediately, no questions asked.  My kids are a little bit older (9 and 7), but we're now in...