or Connect

Posts by journeymom

It was yummy! The veggies came out perfect.  Less wine next time.  I couldn't stop myself, I browned the meat.  I should have dredged it in flour. 
Yay! Thank you, Ladies!    The thought about browning the meat is to avoid that... bloody... meat taste, and browning it prevents that. But you're right, it would be sooo much easier to skip that step.  I'll give it a shot.   Thanks again!
My family doesn't want to go vegetarian.  Even if I was into to it I don't want to spend the emotional energy it would take to gradually teach them and show them it can be done, and keep it up until they get into it. Meat is easy to cook.  Someone a couple weeks ago said meat is harder to cook than veggie dinners.  The opposite is true for me.  Putting together a nutritious, tasty meatless meal (and that doesn't rely on a lot of cheese to make people happy) is more time...
I dragged the little-used crock pot out from the back of the cupboard. I'm making beef stew tomorrow  I leave at 7:00am, get home 5:30-ish.    I'll put it on low (it's the kind that simply has high and low setting) and let it cook 9 hrs, 10.5 hrs.    1. If the veggies go in with the meat at 7am, will they be mush?   2. If ds dumps the raw veggies in at 4pm when he gets home from school will they be cooked by 5:30?    3. Any reason not to use wine in a slow cooker? ...
I call my kids dearest, sweetest, sweetheart, my dear, young woman, young man, child of mine, daughter, daughter of mine, son, son of mine... others.
Dd was maybe a year and a half.  I vaguely noticed she was napping longer than usual, and was enjoying it thoroughly. I finally went to check her out and found she'd grabbed the tube of Desitin and had smeared the white goo all over her face, her shirt, her cuddle pillow and the headboard. I laughed so hard. And managed to get a picture.
I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to be called 'mom' for anything.   Generally they don't call me by my name. Except when dd is being a pill and quotes Stewie from Family Guy: "Lois! Lois! Lois! Lois! Lois! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mama! Mama! Mama! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mummy! Mummy! Mumma! Mumma! Mumma!"
I named our (my parents') 1978 Dodge Maxi Van 'Doris'.  She was a force of nature.
Hey, this was three days ago!  Forestmushroom, how'd ya do?  Did you spend a night hurling??   With a pan of food fresh out of the oven I'd leave it and enjoy it later. I'm with the others, I don't worry too much.  We're all fine.   But the one time I leave stew out a whole 24 hours would be the time I poison my family. That's just my superstition.   Now I get to poke fun at my dear friend, a brilliant woman with a degree in microbiology.  She gleefully tells of the...
<<<<<<<   Weeee!   :joy