or Connect

Posts by kalimay

Using a needle and leaving the eggs out so they are room temperature makes it easier to blow them.
Just as a side note, my daughter got a disney princess makeup kit for xmas and the nail polish washes out of our hand towels. She puts one down under her hand when she paints it and it gets polish on it and it comes out in the washing machine. Hopefully if her friends lovey is washable it will come out.
Wow I would be surprised at all of the peperoni! I feel like the kid parties around here are more likely to serve cheese pizza. I am curious about the 2 end of the year team parties. Did one of the parents pay for all the food or was it something you all contributed? I only ask because the team parties we attend everyone contributes whether it is a potluck or held a pizza place. Could you have missed being asked to contribute and what kind of pizza your child wanted?
I am so sorry for all that you and your little boy have been through. I feel fairly certain I would have cracked long ago. I really liked Oubliette8's post and I would think coming up with a way for him to calm down when he cannot go to his room would be extremely important and something that would be the focus of the next session. Also, and I feel uncomfortable saying this because you said you feel like EdnaMarie is attacking you and I don't want you to think that I am...
I still read to my 8 year old at bedtime. I loved this article about a father daughter reading streak. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/fashion/21GenB.html
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad First, even in quick passing you can usually tell a sincere thank you from a reflexive action. The sincere thank you has eye contact, vocal changes, and generally sounds more directed at the other person. The reflex action of saying thank you tends to be monotone, awkward to the flow of events, and the person giving it is usually focused on something completely unrelated. As in their thank you seems to be for their...
We love these two. http://www.amazon.com/Big-Barn-Marga.../dp/0694006246 http://www.amazon.com/Everywhere-Bab.../dp/0152022260 One of the pages in Everywhere Babies say something like, everywhere babies are fed: by bottle, by breast, with cups and with spoons, with milk, cereal, with carrots and prunes. It has sweet pictures.
Thanks Mamazee. Your explanation clarified using natural consequences as punishment for me. I think because the author in the link was calling her interruption of what was happening the natural consequences it was confusing to me. I think there is a line in there somewhere that will probably be defined individually. I think by allowing my kids to experience some possibly negative effects of natural consequences I may just be letting them learn without the intent of...
Quote: Originally Posted by sgmom ... Of course she does. I would find it rather difficult to explain what something isn't if you don't know what it is in the first place... If it works for your child (and is of course safe), how can what you did be wrong? Some kids DO need the time to be left alone to sort out their feelings. I still think he should have been offered the choice, but the end result is that he probably did learn from the experience,...
Quote: Originally Posted by sgmom Anytime we interfere with a consequence to teach a lesson, that consequence is no longer natural, and often becomes a punishment. There's a good article here that explains what a natural consequence is. This seems contradictory to me. In each of the examples the the author gave she does interfere with a natural consequence.