or Connect

Posts by saraguzz

Hi all,   I wanted to hear some input from mamas who are experienced on cloth diapering.   I am looking at the Kawaii pocket diapers because of their great reviews and doable prize tags. They have their Pure and Natural pocket that goes from 0-15 mo (6-22 lb). (http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/pure-natural/)   The other options would be their One size pockets, that fit 8-36 lb. (http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/one-size-snap-closure-aio-diap/)   My question...
Hi! So I am thinking of going the Lasik way, and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on good surgeons in the East Valley and would care to share your story, if you are happy with the procedure, how much it costed etc. Thanks! Sara
The other night I made this great pasta with lentils...and mind you, I am italian, so I know about pasta... Saute an onion with some garlic, then add some tomato sauce and a bit of water, plus salt and pepper. In the meantime you will have cooked the lentils, which you can add when the rest of the sauce is ready. Cook the pasta and add the sauce and some cheese -maybe some pecorino? But even without cheese it is still great, very filling and with a feeling of...
Well, the other thread about non-cheesy wedding songs helped me, so thanks!! And well, no surprise I got no answers, as I was completely off... It is Iron adn wine (no 'earth!), and the disk is 'our endless numbered days'! Now I will have to check and see if it is as good as i rememebered it from the music store!
With both my daughters at around that age we just put a mattress on the floor, right next to our bed (for the oldest one, it wasn't even a real mattress, just a couple of comforters folded a couple of times). That way she could sleep there without us being afraid of falls, and when I went to bed she was close enough that I could step down my bed and lie with her and nurse -and always fall asleep there until the next morning! (and DH gets the bed all for himself to...
Thanks all for the input. While I exclude any possibility of abuse, it is true that she always was more at ease with women than men, in general. Also, some of your postings made me realize that she probably IS more jealous of her younger sister that I thought or liked to think. But it is also good to know that there are other kids her age that behave the same way. The idea of having father and daughter do something special really appeals to me, and hopefully to...
My 4 yo DD seems to not to want anything to do with her dad most of the time. Sometimes simply she will not aknowledge his presence in the room, and sometime she will even tell him that she doesn't want to sit close to him on the sofa, or plainly that she doesn't like him. There are times when they will play together, but the situation is as described above most of the time. When I put our youngest DD down for a nap in the afternoon, oldest DD screams outside the...
... that has only a male singer, singing in english; is sort of acoustic (maybe guitar? maybe piano?); the name of the man (or group) OR the name of the album is made up of a few nouns together (sort of like 'earth, wind and fire', but it is certainly not them), and one of them I am completely SURE is 'earth'. My DH seems to remember the CD cover, which was green with the photo of the singer on it. I heard it in a music store in Israel last summer, so maybe it was...
wow, gotta love MDC! I had one and I didn't even know it could be used as something other than a skirt!! What a lack of fantasy on my part...
Thanks all for your inspiration! I just put up my first batch and can't wait to see how it turns out. I just put the milk and yogurt in the jars and put it in my crockpot filled with warm water on the warm setting. How long do you think it will take that way? How will I know when it is done --by tasting it, I guess...? Do you ever flavour it before? Say, for ex, putting fruits inside the jar? Is it possible to do it this way? Thanks! Sara