or Connect

Posts by cravenab00

Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes Of course not. Working people don't get bailouts, only the rich get bailouts. It would be nice if instead of bailing out the big corporations, some of the tax money went to working people to pay their mortgages, student loans, COBRA coverage for people who have lost their jobs, etc. But see, when working people have financial setbacks, they're irresponsible. When fat cats have financial trouble, it's the...
this is a 10 part series on you tube of how to dehydrate, store, and use food. these are awesome videos. this woman talks in the 3rd one i think about how her and her husband have been trading stocks on wall street for 10 years and they fully believe that hyperinflation is imminent. Very informative! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVpIHre2ao
do i like it? well, i suppose. but i cant can on it. at least according ot every source i can find, you arent supposed to use either a water bath, or pressure canner on a glass top stove. i didnt know this when i bought it. so i have to go to my dad's every time i can something, a pain. i cant get a straight answer from anyone at sears about using the oven. :
we have a glass top range that the warranty expired last fall. This morning i discovered a large deep crack in the glass top. : I'm trying to research and find out if it would be even worth the money to fix it. I would NOT buy another glass top. I could get a new range for around $350, i know its close to $100 just for a service guy to come out here (30 miles from town) and i'd assume they'd have to replace the whole top, plus labor. what do you all...
i would NOT do it. never rent from or to family or friends. too much at stake.
Quote: Originally Posted by flowers Ewwww....didn't expect snarkiness here! I am really interested in this stuff b/c I agree that basic life skills can get lost. On one hand you could consider us evolving into using new life skills, but I think there is wisdom in knowing how to.... SURVIVE I'm serious. I am still absolutely shocked that schools don't teach basic survival. A year or so back an 8 year old died of exposure in the woods b/c he...
mine STILL not there. i efiled on the 12th of JANUARY! it was accepted the 19th. i've been waiting for nearly 5 weeks for an e file! I've called the IRS 3 times now, and NO ONE will give me an answer, other than "i dont know" i'm having to borrow money from family, and it SUCKS. Will i ever get it?
i thought they clarified that the law didnt affect used stuff??? On mondays i drop off my oldest at scouts and go to the goodwill just down the street. i went in today, and the whole kids section is BARE. Just a few things that were size 12 and up. I asked what the deal was and they said it was because of the new law, and that they wont have kids stuff until the law is clarified ( i thought it WAS!) i am working on getting kids spring summer stuff, i cant afford...
i'm so depressed. am i ever going to get my refund?? I efiled on the 12th of JANUARY! I'm still getting this "1301" code on the irs site. everytime i call i get someone who cant tell me anything other than "if its not there this friday call us back" thats what they have said for the last 3 fridays. i'm so broke
a woman knocked on our door just now. asked for someone we'd never heard of. She had a clipboard, and was dressed very professionally. We said that person doesnt live here. She said "Are you sure?" um, yea we are sure! She says, well then, how about _____? yet another person we dont know. she did this 4 times, going down her clipboard, all these people we dont know. My husband finally said, look, i cant help you, we dont know these people, they dont live here, we...