or Connect

Posts by KatherineinCA

That's the only one I've read, hopefully some more widely-read mamas will chime in!
Cynthia-- I would say $60-100 for a one-hour session. My naturopath charges $60.00, but I think that's pretty low. Once I factor in the cost of remedies (herbs, homeopathy, flower essences and supplements), and other appointments, (chiropractor, colon hydrotherapy) I spend $300-400 a month for my three kids and myself. It's higher than usual right now because the kids and I all have some health issues we're actively trying to resolve. It makes no sense to my husband...
And don't forget to use it during labor! My naturopath recommended a couple of drops with every contraction.
"Body Ecology Diet" by Donna Gates is supposed to be an excellent resource for dealing with candida.
Liquid chlorophyll is a gentle and inexpensive way to cleanse. Also, consider EFAs for the bumps. The book "Superimmunity for Kids" discusses this pretty thoroughly. I wish you all the best as you work this out with your husband. I spend quite a bit of $ every month on holisitic health-care, and seldom use our insurance. I can definitely relate to your dilemma. Thankfully we've had some pretty obvious successes over the years (two examples: I'm off Synthroid for...
Anyone knowledgeable about how diet can affect bedwetting? At home my kids generally don't have dairy, refined sugar, white flour, etc. I'm starting to wonder if we need to get super-vigilant about it, though (especially at school and church.) I'm also interested in any other ideas that have worked for older kids who were still bedwetting. We've used flower essences, homeopathy, herbs, affirmations, EFT, Reiki, etc. At this point I'm not doing much, I guess I'm kind...
"What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" by John Lee was great! I've been using progesterone cream and it's helped me so much.
I've had three (two for an ectopic pregnancy, one to clean out scar tissue and check my remaining tube). I would think you could be back at work four days later. I remember being very tired and groggy for quite a few days afterwards, but I realize now that my liver was so sluggish that I had trouble clearing the drugs from my system. I would definitely recommend liquid chlorophyll to help with that, I wish I had known about it then. I don't remember that pain was an...
I buy Pull-Ups for two of my kids (ages 11 and 6) who still have accidents at night. I am wondering what I could buy in cloth diapers that would be absorbent enough. Occasionally their Pull-Ups get so full that they leak. And if anyone has any ideas to address the bedwetting, I'm open! (We've tried changes in diet, homeopathy, herbs, flower essences, affirmations, etc.) Thanks!
ernestholmes--I can't log off without thanking you for your words. I haven't been on MDC for ages, but tonight just started browsing, found this thread, and your words struck me like lightening. I am experiencing deep healing both physically and spiritually right now, and some of the specific words you used in your posts spoke directly to me, you actually used some of the same terms and analogies that I've been thinking this week. I'm probably not making much sense, but...