or Connect

Posts by japonica

Just to let you know that I'm watching, but I always seem to be the first to reply to these discussion threads so I'm just waiting...
That's obviously a personal call. From what I understand, the localised bump or swelling is often a reaction to the adjuvant and many people don't consider it a reason to stop. I haven't been down that road yet (doing our first vaccine with an adjuvant this November) so I couldn't say what I'd do. I suppose it would depend on how long the swelling lasted (days vs. weeks) and if there were any other worrying accompanying reactions (fever, neurological, whatever). Good luck...
Another update. Almost 6 years old here and no problems whatsoever. He did have redness a few times when he was still in diapers, but nothing that required intervention.   I hope moms-to-be reading this and considering keeping their sons intact take heart that for the most part, having an intact son is really nothing that requires worry or extra vigilance or anything. It's pretty mundane and uneventful, as it should be.  
 Well, no one really knows the exact figure.  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/are-canadian-kids-undervaccinated-or-is-it-that-we-just-dont-know/article11477965/ Unicef takes aim at Canada for being at the bottom of wealthy countries according to vax status. http://www.unicef.ca/sites/default/files/imce_uploads/DISCOVER/OUR%20WORK/ADVOCACY/DOMESTIC/POLICY%20ADVOCACY/DOCS/unicef_rc_11_canadian_companion.pdf I recall reading years ago (when I was...
I'm not in the US but I'm sure the CDC has a catch up schedule that will give you an idea of how many of a certain vaccine are required at older ages.    I just wanted to say that I'm in a similar boat. We started vaccinating this past November (kids are 9 and 5.5). The label, "reluctant vaxer" sums us up. We're going with one MMR then doing a titre. My DD will get the dT as a series starting this November (earliest our Australian GP will do this). DS will have to wait...
 Agree. Or some will be selectively vaccinating but show up in the paperwork as "unvaccinated" because the government only allows for all or nothing.
Welcome.    We had a bit of discussion here:   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1390254/what-vaccines-are-you-getting-for-your-children   There's a few of us in the same boat on this sub forum.
I don't have the info on those two particular ones, but I know the Immunisation Handbook over here says that you can use different products for the same series and that it's not an issue. I know GPs here seem to think they are interchangeable for the most part (ie. they'll say that Adacel and Boostrix are essentially the same).
 Not necessarily. There's a few of us who could be called "reluctant" vaxers who look at the whole issue and our available options with a very critical eye and then proceed according to our own risk assessment of our circumstances. From your original post, you'd be more than welcome to come and discuss it with us in the S&D forum. FWIW, my kids will be getting a fraction of what's on the schedule and I'd never tell anyone to just go ahead and vaccinate, especially when my...
Day 13. Still nothing. No fever, no rashes, no swollen glands, nothing. Whew.